“A good place to stay”
Review of Belfast Bay Inn

Belfast Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The inn is situated in the centre of Belfast, near shops, restaurants and the water front. Belfast is a lovely town with a lot of charming buildings from the 1880'2 to 1930's. The inn matches this and is a lovely place to stay. What we liked about the inn are the spacious rooms with an excellent light plan. You can read everywhere. The bathroom and the dressing area are also of generous proportions so we felt fine during our three days stay. Breakfast ids served in the courtyard and one day we had it in our room because the weather was poor.
We liked the attention to detail which was apparent in the inn and which makes a visit extra pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My sister and I spent a delightful night at the Belfast Bay Inn this week. The Inn had been recommended to us so we knew it would be a good place to stay, but it far exceeded our expectations. The attention to detail, from the amazingly comfortable beds to the beautiful furnishings and outstanding breakfast, everything was perfect. The lovely couple who run the inn were both friendly and helpful and they made us feel right at home. I look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent last weekend "Down East" and stayed at this beautiful boutique hotel. It is as grand as it looks in photos. The attention to details was impressive; plush bathrobes, full sized kitchen, amazingly comfortable bed, and homemade frittata and sweet bread for breakfast! Belfast is a great little town and an easy gateway to Acadia National Park and Camden. Ed and Judy are very accomplished hosts!

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 202. Very quiet.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our first stay at the Belfast Bay Inn. I had originally seen an article about it on Chronicle which reviews hotels, inns, restaurants, etc. in the New England area. After that I checked out reviews on the Internet and made a reservation. I was somewhat skeptical of it being as good as it appeared, but after walking in the door I knew I was going to love it. I formally worked for the airlines, and have done a lot of traveling and always stayed at top rated hotels. But I have to say that this place, as well as the actual accomodations and the Innkeepers themselves were all the best I have ever experienced. We stayed in room 303 which was as large as an apartment and half the size of our house. It even had a doorbell for when the Innkeepers delivered our breakfast, which was outstanding. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are the best.
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Nicest B & B we have ever stayed. I found it on trip advisor. The rooms were basically apartments, beautifully decorated and attention obviously paid to details! The hosts were very nice and helpful. I highly recommend this B & B.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was our second stay at Belfast Bay Inn. Once again we were guests of outstanding innkeepers with an exceptional property. We enjoyed the town, walked the new path on Penobscot Bay and had a delightful, homemade breakfast served by appointment in our suite. The Suite is large and beautifully decorated with a wall of windows and a balcony overlooking the Main street down to the Bay. Extensive details such as Hardwood floors, lavish linens, granite tops, double sinks in the full size bath, beautiful artwork throughout and excellent HVAC controls. Judy, the innkeeper has a shop off the lobby filled with wonderful gifts.
Thank you Judy and Ed for a wonderful stay, your hospitality and beautiful inn are truly memorable! Sincerely, Danny and Charlotte

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We just experienced 3 nights of what is probably the best B&B (boutique hotel as the owners call it) in the U.S. if I could rate Belfast Bay Inn a "6", to put it above other places we stayed at, we would have done so. We could live permantly in the spacious 900 square foot suite with original oil paintings, fantastic bed, large bath, kitchen (minus stove), and living room. The attention to the smallest detail is amazing including soundproofed walls and floors. Well worth the price! Ed and Judy are the most friendly, gracious hosts you will find anywhere. They will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. The breakfasts delivered personally by Ed and Judy were out of this world and unique all 3 days. The Belfast Bay Inn is centrally located in the historic city of Belfast and is steps away from shopping and restaurants. My wife and I can't come up with enough accolades for the Belfast Bay Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Belfast Bay Inn? Share your experiences!