“Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Heaven”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this immaculate, attractive inn. Our suite (room 301) was generous in size and outfitted with everything we needed for a comfortable stay--cozy furniture in the living area; a microwave, coffee/tea service, and refrigerator in the kitchen area; a dinette for two; an elegant bathroom with a rainforest shower and tub; and a stupendous bedroom with the most amazingly comfortable bed, duvet, sheets, and sitting area. The living area looks out over town and the harbor, and the bedroom sitting area has a small view of the water as well.

Breakfast is served either in your room, outside on the terrace when the weather is nice, or in a dining area in the B&B. The food is homemade and delicious. We had juice, fritatta, and spice bread with raisins.

The inn provides wireless interneet at no charge, as well as interesting magazines about Maine, and a wide selection of tv stations. It is located right in the heart of town with instant access to the fun boutiques and restaurants of Belfast. The harbor is two blocks away, and there are lots of interesting seaside and town walks available for those who like to explore on foot.

Ed and Judy, the innkeepers, are very friendly and professional.

This is an A+ hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 October 2013

If you enjoy a large, spotlessly clean and comfortable environment, a bed you can sink your teeth into, nth degree thread count sheets and towels, plus every creature comfort in the book and then some, than this is the place for you. My husband and I have been all over the world and I'm adept at finding secret and not-so-secret gems, but the Belfast Bay Inn takes the cake -- and the calories too. First of all, you're not going to find a more lovely "room," anywhere and by that I mean, all the rooms are suites, complete with a sumptuously comfortable living room and bedroom. Breakfast is served on the patio in good weather and in your suite, when the weather just won't do. If I have a criticism, and believe me, this is beyond picky, it would be to tell the innkeepers, Judy and Ed, to send up two carafes of coffee with breakfast, instead of just one. Of course, one can always call down to the front desk to ask for more, but a review should have at least one suggestion for improvement, so this is ours -- more coffee please. Breakfast is a culinary delight, all restaurant recommendations for dinner were terrific (mid-coast Maine is a foodie destination -- who knew?), and the innkeepers themselves couldn't be warmer or more accommodating. In all honesty, I hate to put the word out, because I want there to be room for us when we go back (and go back we will!), but the Belfast Bay Inn is a true gem -- the kind of place you keep on going to back to, simply because.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the "rooms," aka suites.
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Rooms are large and incredibly comfortable with attention to every detail. Hosts could not be nicer, are very knowledgeable about the area and help make the most of your visit. Location is great -- easy walk to waterfront, restaurants and shops. Short drive to other interesting towns. A real winner.

1 Thank BobalouCapeCod_MA
Rijswijk
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The inn is situated in the centre of Belfast, near shops, restaurants and the water front. Belfast is a lovely town with a lot of charming buildings from the 1880'2 to 1930's. The inn matches this and is a lovely place to stay. What we liked about the inn are the spacious rooms with an excellent light plan. You can read everywhere. The bathroom and the dressing area are also of generous proportions so we felt fine during our three days stay. Breakfast ids served in the courtyard and one day we had it in our room because the weather was poor.
We liked the attention to detail which was apparent in the inn and which makes a visit extra pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My sister and I spent a delightful night at the Belfast Bay Inn this week. The Inn had been recommended to us so we knew it would be a good place to stay, but it far exceeded our expectations. The attention to detail, from the amazingly comfortable beds to the beautiful furnishings and outstanding breakfast, everything was perfect. The lovely couple who run the inn were both friendly and helpful and they made us feel right at home. I look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Rumford, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent last weekend "Down East" and stayed at this beautiful boutique hotel. It is as grand as it looks in photos. The attention to details was impressive; plush bathrobes, full sized kitchen, amazingly comfortable bed, and homemade frittata and sweet bread for breakfast! Belfast is a great little town and an easy gateway to Acadia National Park and Camden. Ed and Judy are very accomplished hosts!

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 202. Very quiet.
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our first stay at the Belfast Bay Inn. I had originally seen an article about it on Chronicle which reviews hotels, inns, restaurants, etc. in the New England area. After that I checked out reviews on the Internet and made a reservation. I was somewhat skeptical of it being as good as it appeared, but after walking in the door I knew I was going to love it. I formally worked for the airlines, and have done a lot of traveling and always stayed at top rated hotels. But I have to say that this place, as well as the actual accomodations and the Innkeepers themselves were all the best I have ever experienced. We stayed in room 303 which was as large as an apartment and half the size of our house. It even had a doorbell for when the Innkeepers delivered our breakfast, which was outstanding. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
#3 of 5 in Lincolnville
16 Bay View
16 Bay View
#3 of 10 in Camden

Been to Belfast Bay Inn? Share your experiences!