“Fantastic!”
Review of Belfast Bay Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belfast
Belfast Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I made an impromptu trip to Belfast for Cinco de Mayo and stayed at the Belfast Bay Inn- what a fabulous hidden gem! The owners were lovely and accommodating. We stayed in an immaculately kept suite, in the most comfortable bed I have ever laid my head, and woke up to hand delivered breakfast, which included blueberry pancakes, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, orange juice and coffee; honestly it was perfect! I'll certainly be making a trip back!!!The only recommendation I might make would be to put a local coffee in the rooms- New England Coffee is OK, but I can get that at any convenience store. You have access to local roasters like 44 North Coffee in Deer Isle and Coffee by Design in Portland, both of which are fantastic and you'd be promoting small, local businesses like yourselves.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emzyhooha

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for the first time at the Belfast Bay Inn last week for a weekend getaway. As small business owners ourselves, we truly appreciate exceptional customer service. Owners Judy and Ed did not disappoint. Both were such a pleasure to chat with and very accommodating. The Inn itself was immaculate and beautifully done. The attention to detail throughout was obvious and our room was very comfortable and spacious. We highly recommend without hesitation and are looking forward to returning ourselves. Thanks so much, Judy and Ed! If you're in Bar Harbor please stop and see us at 'A Little Mad: Island Shop & Gallery'. Warmly, Patrick & Jolene

Room Tip: Suite 202 will not disappoint!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Judy and Ed are the owners of this exquisite inn and treat each guest like their family. My wife and I have been going to this inn for four years and plan on going there this August as well. This year we are bringing two other couples and just told them that the experience will be top drawer. We have visited many fine establishments in the Select Registry and this is the Best of the Best! This inn is the cleanest I have ever seen and no detail is left out. Ed and Judy know how to deliver the complete package and can give you excellent advice on the attractions in the area to suit your taste as well.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in this place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I would go here again.

Good rooms, not too expensive. And would go again soon. Would recommend any one to go here!

Breakfast was a standard full Englishz which I don't understand considering its Belfast.. But what ever.

Next time I'll remember to bring money for tipping staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We are looking forward to going back for another stay at the inn. It is absolutely lovely. Excellent attention to detail. The rooms are actually suites with everything you would need for a short or long term stay. Our bed was very comfortable with luxurious linens. The owners are friendly and make you feel right at home. Breakfast is a sumptuous feast served in your room. We stayed at the Inn on New Year's Eve. What a great way to end and start the year. We highly recommend this Inn.

Room Tip: Actually, they are all good. We had the Garden suite with an outdoor entrance. Quiet and very nice...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

There just is not "too much" you can say about how wonderful this Inn is. No matter what aspect of it, the appearance, the comfort level, the luxury, the appointments and even the owners (who seem more like family than the owners of an inn), it is 5 star all the way. The rooms are not "rooms," they are apartments. You will have plenty of room to relax and you will not feel like you are going back to a hotel room when you come "home." I could go on and on, but just read the other reviews... you will get the idea. There isn't a single thing I would change about this place.

Room Tip: 203 with the fireplace nice in December! But you can't go wrong with any of the rooms; I am sur...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This B&B has very nice accommodations. Our suite was a complete apartment, with almost all the amenities. The bed was excellent. Unfortunately, the phones and stove were not working when we were there. The phones would not have been a problem but our cell phones are AT&T, which had very limited coverage in the area. The owner told us that he disabled the stove/ oven so patrons wouldn't cook seafood and stink up the place. Breakfast was good, and the hospitality was great. Would visit them in the future, if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns
Lord Camden Inn
Lord Camden Inn
#4 of 10 in Camden

Been to Belfast Bay Inn? Share your experiences!