“A rare treat in Belfast”
Review of Belfast Bay Inn

Belfast Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Maine
“A rare treat in Belfast”
Reviewed 22 November 2008

The Belfast Bay Inn was truly one of the best inns I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Everything was how it should be, almost like it was out of a book. It was just that perfect.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and inns in my time and not one of them could match the Belfast Bay Inn. From the quality of the furnishings, to the perfect decor and the friendly staff, this inn hits all the right notes.

Perfect for business travelers that need to get away from the hustle and bustle, and when I took my wife back there, she couldn't believe just how nice everything and everyone was.

They've got customers for life! We are already booking our next stay.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank jenkinsisbob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Connecticut
Reviewed 14 November 2008

When I rolled into Belfast I was surprised by just how many different hotels there were. I finally decided on the Belfast Bay Inn - it looked the most inviting. I'm so glad I did - they treated me incredibly well and the facility is one of the nicest I've ever been in.

I was very impressed by the furnishings and especially by the little details that most hotels simply miss. Everything about my stay was perfect and I wish I had been able to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2007
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2008

My husband surprised me with this wonderful,wonderful inn experience! We are seasoned traveller's, but generally choose the more popular areas such as Bar Harbor or Old Orchard Beach for our Maine getaways. This time, my husband scored a major victory by choosing the lesser-known Belfast ,Maine area. We had the time of our lives staying at this magnificent Belfast Bay Inn and Luxury Suites!! A jewel in a small town!
Upon our arrival we were greeted by "Bob" the awesome and congenial desk clerk. During our stay, Bob gave us many fabulous suggestions from where to dine (places the "locals" frequent ) to out-of-the way shops to visit and scenic finds!! No crowding, no hurried pace, just a relaxing, enjoyable time !
The luxurious accomodations of the Inn were totally unexpected for this quaint little hamlet named Belfast and we felt as though we had discovered a piece of heaven! In fact, I am not so sure we didn't!
Melissa was our maticulous housekeeper and kept us very comfortable and happy!! We enjoyed our stay so very much! "Thank you "seems weak in regards to the happiness we experienced at your Inn. However; "we shall return" and indeed, thank you!!

• Liked — Friendliness of staff, cleanliness, comfort
  • Disliked — nothing! N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jett54
Kenduskeag, Me.
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I just returned from a romantic anniversary weekend with my wife. I earned major points for reserving a suite at the Belfast Bay Inn in Belfast, Maine. The accommodations were incredible! This brand new, high end boutique hotel spoiled us for the rest of our vacation. We didn't want to leave. Not only was the suite perfect in every way, but the staff attention and helpfulness totally exceeded my expectations. I suggest travelers drop everything and head for Belfast, Maine. This little hotel is a gem. P.S. You'll love the beds.

• Liked — Very handy location to visit much of mid-coast Maine from
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 597buffy
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Fantastic experience from start to finish. Friendly inn-keepers just recently completed overhaul to this historic downtown building where the rooms are really more like apartments. I would def reccommend this inn for a get-away or for a long-term base for exploring Maine. Our "room" had a full kitchen with high-end appliances, granite counters, full dishes, silverware, pots/pans even Chicago cutlery. Secure parking and a organic coop/grocery are 50 yards away. Full size washer/dryer are a nice treat. Seperate bedroom with high quality mattress/bedding and pillows. Moulton Brown bath products. The quality of decor and appointments is truly superior. You will not be disappointed with this 5 Star inn. Great restaurant recommendations too. What a gem.

• Liked — Every comfort imaginable is provided
  • Disliked — Can't think of a single thing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Little_H0use
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
#3 of 5 in Lincolnville
16 Bay View
16 Bay View
#3 of 10 in Camden

Been to Belfast Bay Inn? Share your experiences!