“Fantastic food, service lacking”

Delvino's Grill & Pasta House
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockland, Maine
“Fantastic food, service lacking”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We tried to go here about a year ago. It was a little busy so we put our name on the list and gave a number. We were told 20 minutes to wait so we went to a bar across the street. 30 minutes passed and no call, so we went back over and they said another 20 minutes. We could clearly see that people below us on the list had been seated and we weren't called. We went back later and our table still wasn't ready so we said never mind.

Upon rave reviews from a friend we went back to try it again, the hostess was just as confused as last time, and told us 15-20 minutes even though the place was pretty empty. She didn't take our name and just walked away. We stood in the doorway for a couple minutes and then asked if we could sit at the bar while we waited. She stared at her reservation book with a lot of confusion and said I have a table if you want to sit now. She just had no clue what she was talking about. Anyway, we sat and finally ate some fantastic food. Our waitress was very quiet and didn't even tell us the specials. Service was lack luster but the food was sooo good! Get the ravioli!!

2 Thank Wallace L

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Would not go back to this place”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch as we were traveling through Belfast after reading the glowing online reviews. The place was almost empty on a Saturday in July -- we should have known something wasn't right.

He had a sausage sandwich, which was bland and basically "meh". His fries were better, but not spectacular. However, my "Cajun Queen" salad -- a Caesar salad with spicy chicken -- was completely inedible. And I'm not a picky eater.

The salad came with a few tiny slivers of chicken that were shriveled, dry, and not even close to being fresh. The lettuce was wilted and sour, and tasted as if it had come out of a bag about two days before, which was probably about the same time the chicken was cooked. As for the "home made croutons" mentioned on the menu -- I counted exactly two. The one I tried to eat was like sawdust.

The worst part? As we got ready to leave, the server finally noticed that I hadn't touched my food. When I told her why, she just looked at me blankly and slapped down the check. No apology, no offer to make it right...nothing. It was almost funny -- she totally didn't care. Guess we now have a worst-vacation-lunch-ever story to tell our friends!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth D
Eastport, Maine
“My favorite restaurant in Belfast”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have eaten lunch here several times. Always good food, great service and a pleasant atmosphere. No water view for the tourist, but right in the heart of the shopping area.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast, Maine
“Great Bistro service and food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We like the brick interior with cozy atmosphere, the service which is calm, knowledgeable, and friendly, and the choices of wine, the specials, and regular dinners. Seared fresh tuna with wasabi and sesame is delicious!

Visited July 2014
Dover, New Hampshire
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stoped in for lunch and had a great meal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back any time we are in the area.

• Visited June 2014