“Beware shoulder season hours”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Seng Thai

Seng Thai
Ranked #24 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Bay Area
“Beware shoulder season hours”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I went to have dinner at Seng Thai tonight, and their website said they were open til 9. I arrived at 8:40 and was told they were closed, and on 'winter hours.' When I said that their website said they were open til 9, the two ladies shrugged.....very poor customer service, and I won't ever go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cyclist704

Boston, Massachusetts
“Some of the Best Thai we have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had the Pad Thai, the lady had the chicken fried rice and we split some Crab Rangoon. It was all awesome. Next time maybe we will be more adventurous!!!

Visited September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This a very attractive restaurant outside with a wonderful view but the food was just okay and the servers were not well trained. We were disappointed after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and eating at other Asian restaurants in Maine.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Thai Food Ever...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was shocked that this place was so highly rated. I ate hear because of the high ratings on trip advisor. I can't help but wonder if there is a biased, family/friends review base because of the over-the-top reviews.It just doesn't make sense that my experience is at the exetreme opposite end from most other reviewers. The best part of the dining experience was the young, hard working waitress with the glasses, even though she had beads of sweat above her lip that were so big they could have dripped into my food. Poor thing, seemed overworked. I also enjoyed the free after dinner mint, soft and chewy but that's where it ends for me. The Tom Ghar Kai soup tasted like pure vinegar with some of the chicken tender and the other chicken tough. Nothing like the smooth, creamy, distinctfully flavored, slightly sweet Thai food in the Boston and even NH areas. The orange chicken was only partially covered in the burnt flavored orange/karo syrup sauce. The fried nuggets were tough, over cooked and were mostly batter with mystery-like meat inside. I had to order sticky rice as it didn't come with the dish, which I never experienced when ordering an orange chicken dish. Steamed broccoli was just average and was more of a "filler" side. My wife's Pad Thai appeared to be nothing more than boiled noodles and chicken, with a vinegar-like taste to it. I've eaten pad thai at many different places in New England and this was not even close to my experience with what pad thai should taste like. The Thai iced tea was just average. The atmosphere was like eating in an old, rundown house which appears much nicer from the outside. If it wasn't for the breathtaking view, I would rather have eating in the nearby woods. There was no music either. While they served beer and wine, they also didn't server mixed drinks. I like a good, tropical, exotic drink with any Asian food I eat. I rely on Trip Advisor for at least and indication as to whether the food is at least acceptable. This experience is going to make me work harder at being sure I even want to try a place in the future and to check other review-based websites and not soley relying on Trip Advisor. Save you money and eat somewhere else!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mykster
“Delicious, fresh food with a beautiful view of the water.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The food is extremely tasty, freshly prepared and nicely presented. There is an absolutely gorgeous water view. The staff is friendly and efficient.
Well worth a visit!