“Relaxing, beautiful, and convenient”
Review of Belfast Harbor Inn

Belfast Harbor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Relaxing, beautiful, and convenient”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed 5 nights in this hotel and had a gorgeous ocean view from the balcony. The room had a refrigerator and a flat screen TV w/ free on-demand programs. It was really had the best TV options of any place I've stayed. The room was clean, the maids were friendly and responsive to every request. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We loved our 2nd floor ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been staying at the Belfast Harbor Inn for a few years now. Very clean and efficient and friendly staff with a convenient location. Nearby to downtown Belfast and just 30 or 40 minutes from Rockland or Bangor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed at the Belfast Harbor Inn a few times on our way to other destinations in Maine and will definitely stay there again. We highly recommend it to other travelers in need of a convenient and clean place to stay. Rooms are comfortable, reasonably priced, and pet friendly. We have had the pool-side rooms and the ocean view ones. Either one is fine with us but the ocean side rooms offer a great views of boats in the harbor and the opportunity to daydream about what lies beyond the view. One of the best things is we can walk our dog on their huge lawn that leads to the ocean. Continental breakfast is fresh and perfect to get us on our way.The whole facility is very clean, staff is very friendly and helpful, and an easy location to get to find on US Route 1.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne L
Eastport, Maine
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stay at the Belfast Harbor Inn when we visit Belfast, and it's become our go-to hotel for that area. For our recent stay, the downstairs is being renovated so everyone is on the 2nd floor. That was no problem. The room was clean, the beds were adequately comfortable, there is a writing table, several chairs and a mini fridge. Flat screen TV and cable. There is a deck with a great view. The bathroom was small but clean, and the towels were VERY substantial. Like most hotels they choose to save money on the cheapest bathroom tissue available. The breakfast is very complete and easy. The hotel staff was VERY helpful when we needed to adjust our reservation. They welcome pets - we had our dog with us. We didn't use the outdoor pool, but other guests were enjoying it. My only small complaint was a noisy air conditioner - it was a blistering hot night - which was slightly bothersome. But all in all we have no trouble recommending this hotel - it's a good bet for a restful sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back - it's quieter and has a great view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 40622John
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed there 4 nights for business and will be staying there off and on throughout the summer. I was told that I would be getting a second floor room facing the front (pool and street) but was actually given a second floor room facing the water which was much nicer. I found out that most of my colleagues did not get the water view room however. Not sure how I lucked out.

All first floor rooms are under renovation and closed but I heard that they may be open by August.

While there, the outdoor pool was just being opened up and is reportedly heated.

The rooms are pretty typical of this type of hotel. Two beds, a small round table and two chairs. The closet is a bar with one shelf above it, open to the room (no door). I had requested a refrigerator and one was in my room. Several of my colleagues did not have refrigerators however and they had not thought to ask ahead of time. There is also a long low bureau with 4 drawers (which held 2 extra pillows) and a nightstand with a drawer in between the 2 beds.

On the opposite side of the door leading to the hallway is a door that opens out onto a very small deck that has two tall chairs. No table but in between the air conditioner protrudes out onto the deck between the two chairs. Not sure if I would use it to put anything on. The view is beautiful looking out over the long back lawn onto Penobscot Bay.

There is no elevator so be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs (broken into 3 small sections).

The bathtub/shower and toilet are behind a door and the sink and mirror are outside the door.

There is a hair dryer but no iron in the rooms. On the first floor, there is a laundry room (which I did not have to use) that has an iron and ironing board. The ice machine is also on the first floor.

The continental breakfast is pretty skimpy. I was at least hoping for a waffle iron that a lot of hotels have these days but no such luck. There was coffee as well as a juice machine with 2 juices (usually orange and cranberry), apples, bananas, yogurt, cold hard boiled eggs, 2-3 types of cold cereal and an assortment of run-of-the-mill breads (english muffins, sliced bread and some donuts and pastries that are clearly of the pre-packaged variety). I only had juice so I can't really remark on anything else. The view from the breakfast room is nice though, again looking out over the back lawn to the bay.

The front desk people were all very nice and helpful. I noticed on the first floor tucked in a small room next to the stairs is a microwave which I believe can be used by guests since I saw one coming out with a bag of microwaved popcorn.

Next door, on the same property, is a restaurant which I ate dinner at twice. It was not fancy but has a good-sized deck which was nice. All of the food we had was very good. I heard good things about the corn bread but didn't try it. Very conveniently located to the hotel and VERY nice wait staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side. I don't believe it costs much more and the view is definitely...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Picara
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

booked in advance with no troubles.
traveled with our 2 pups and had a fabulous water view with the large lawn down to the beach. clean rooms with everything you need for a short stay.
the staff was freindly and attentive, really appreciated the breakfast.
not sure if we'll get back this way again but would certainly rebook a water view room.

Room Tip: book the water view side..it's always a treat to be able to wind down with such a great quiet vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stellahannah
Westmore, Vermont
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have been to Belfast Harbor Inn 3 times now, and fell upon it as we were looking for a Pet Friendly Inn close to Camden AND Bar Harbor. It's all about location, location, location. Rooms clean and comfortable. The folks that welcomed us were nice, and the woman working the breakfast room was very nice. Makes you feel comfortable. BUT the views. We have always gotten Bay view and love it. We will be back again and again! Our dogs love the yard (we just wish other dogs were picked up after their dogs).

Room Tip: Youngs Lobster Pound (which is within walking distance) does take out!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family