“A wonderful view of ocean and superb hotel staff”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights here . Though the hotel is dated,it is very well kept and the staff
is very accommodating from check-in to check-out. Clozan checked us in with a smile and welcomed us making us feel at home. Charlotte was extremely helpful to us and we had good conversation. The staff is not only professional ,but eager to make your stay the best it can be.
The room was kept clean and the little mints left were a nice touch. We took advantage of the guest laundry which comes in handy while travelling. The sun finally came out for a few days and wow what a sunrise blazing with color in the sky. The ocean view from our room on the 3rd floor was so calming and relaxing(Maine is blessed with so much natural beauty). We ate in their restaurant a few nites(one meal we took back to the room). The food was delicious and presented very well with fine service. Even tho the hotel will be changing companies,the staff will remain. Kudos to each of them for taking such good care of us during our stay. If you are in the area,I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The third floor was our choice .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redfishFlorida
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Up from Florida this time of year? Thanks for visiting us. Thank you too for your kind words about the cleanliness of your room, the food and service in the restaurant and how you were treated like family by the staff.
I hope that you will return again when it is too hot in Florida, but beautiful here.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My recent stay proved to be exactly what I was hoping for! Waking up in the morning to a wonderful view of the ocean was worth it all. The hotel was very busy on the weekend of my visit but the staff did an excellent job keeping everything in order. I've stayed at many hotels with large groups that have overrun the hotel with noise and chaos, but not at this hotel. It's obvious that the management and staff want everyone to enjoy their stay and they go out of their way to ensure this happens. The included breakfast was basic, but appreciated. My room had all the amenities I was looking for including a refrigerator and microwave. I will certainly be returning and look forward to their transition to the Fireside Inn & Suites brand as I've stayed at some others and have absolutely LOVED them! Thank you to the staff at Ocean's Edge for welcoming my family so warmly. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica M
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. You are correct that we are upgrading to Fireside Inn & Suites on January 1, 2014, ending our affiliation with Comfort Inn. We are proud to be joining the FIreside In & Suites brand. You can understand why, since you say that you have stayed at a few, and have enjoyed your visits there.
We hope to see you on future trips to Belfast.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Used Expedia to find this hotel. Am a field engineer and needed to be close to my project job @ MMA.
1st stay on Monday nite 11/11/13. My room was great. Nice flat screen TV and porch over looking the Belfast Bay! Had dinner at the Ocean's Edge Restaurant and it was fabulous!
The folks here are warm and inviting. So much so that I booked another stay with them on Thursday 11/14 as well. Again dined on site and was amazed at how good this place is.
I will be back again for pleasure as well as business!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor over the best views. The low 300's put you close to the pool and rest...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John N
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your review, and thanks for returning to us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the food and service in our restaurant. We are the closest full-service hotel to MMA, and we are fortunate to see many family members of MMA students. We hope to serve you on many more visits through the years.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband ,sister and brother in law and I stayed for a week, would stay here again an again!! Nice rooms great view, good breakfast although if they would have offered a few different breakfast items every couple days, sausage biscuits or bacon would have been nice, but otherwise, HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and for staying with your family for a week. I was glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree with your comment about breakfast: to offer different things on different days. We are currently constrained by Comfort Inn standards on what we can offer for breakfast.
When we change to Fireside Inn & Suites in January, we can look at adding/changing our breakfast offerings, according to what our guest request. Thank you for that input. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nothing fancy; but rooms are clean and convenient location. A pleasure to hear desk clerk say "I am lucky because I work for the best company and family around...the Lafayette's." Refreshing to see they take both pride and pleasure in serving the public. Great views from the rooms...quiet and relaxing.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are indeed fortunate to be able to do what we love and get paid for it. I am glad that it shows.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I spent one night here on our trip up the coast. Our room was beautiful. It had a great view of the ocean and had a balcony with 2 chairs. We could walk down to the water on the beautiful grassy yard in back. It has a restaurant attached and we received a coupon for a complimentary cocktail with dinner. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. It also had a mini fridge and microwave. My only suggestion would be to have someone monitoring the breakfast area. The eggs and sausage were cold when we got there. It was somewhat busy and the tables where not getting wiped down....sticky from syrup and covered with crumbs. Other than that, which could have been a fluke, we loved our stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the breakfast area in the morning. We have a dedicated person who takes care of the breakfast each day. I am sorry that she wasn't on her game that day.
I will forward you comments to her supervisor for follow up.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you are looking for location, you cannot beat this hotel. Our room had a balcony facing the ocean, and you can walk straight to the ocean's edge through the hotel garden. The room was very comfortable and clean, and provided everything we needed. Breakfast was as expected. The pool area was nice, again with a great view, though only suitable for a couple of people to swim at one time, as it narrows in the middle. It's fine for relaxing in, but more limited for a serious swimmer wanting to do lengths. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. From your profile, I can see that you have traveled extensively. I am pleased to see that you found our hotel so favorable. I hope that we can serve you again.
Barry Asalone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!