“Great service from desk.”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2009

I received great service from the desk clerk, sarah. She did much more than I had a right to expect. I had to change my travel plans at the last minute. I suddenly had to make a meeting in a strange city. She found the correct location for me and printed up a copy of the directions from mapquest. she also printed a copy of documents that I was going to need. She did all this cheerfully while the desk was very busy. She had a great attitude so rarely found today.

• Stayed: February 2009
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found Sara, at the front desk friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 24 December 2008

This is the second year I have stayed at Oceans Edge prior to Christmas Eve. I come for a mini vacation. That is, my daughter and her family live in Belfast. By staying at Oceans Edge I have all the advantages of home plus more AND the proximity of family.

The services are excellent. From check in/Out, housekeepiing, snow plowing, cleanliness of the building despite salt, snow, melting water the facility is to be highly recommended. The service staff are genuinely friendly and help with all requests promptly. I had trouble getting onto the internet. The desk staff gave me hints and an extra set of instructions.

This holiday is possible because they offer a very good daily rate. I originally was going to stay for 3 nights but a pending blizzard had me check in a day earlier. Next year I may come for 5 nights.

The view is spectacular, the pool, hot tub and sauna are better than going to the tropics.

I guess you get the point. I had a great stay and wanted to let you know about it.
Happy Holiday, Happy New Year!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you will be returning.

Reviewed 20 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in early September. We were hunting for antiques and the hotel's location on Route 1 was very convenient to the town of Searsport and all the antique shops in the area. Although there is substantial traffic volume, the rooms face the back of the hotel and we were not bothered by road noise. Our room, as I believe all do, had a balcony with a spectacular view of Penobscot Bay. Before the fog rolled in late in the day, we were able to enjoy a walk across the expansive lawn and down to the beachfront. Our room was very clean and comfortable, though a little dark. Breakfast was the expanded version offered in many similar hotels. It was good and more than adequate for a fast getaway. The front lobby also serves as the breakfast room and it was large and pleasant. There was a lovely display of local artwork in the public areas. Although we didn't use the pool, it looked particularly inviting. We ate in the hotel restaurant and highly recommend the food, service and atmosphere. An excellent alternative when traveling through mid-coast Maine, and we plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We would like to take credit for the view, but...

Reviewed 21 September 2008

We stayed only one night and really regretted that we were not staying longer. The hotel was impeccably clean, the room extremely spacious, the beds luxuriously comfortable and the staff very, very friendly. We did not eat in the restaurant but enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. Sorry about that guy next door. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 7 September 2008

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in August 2008 on our way back from Boston to Halifax NS We found out about the hotel from a pet friendly site. Overall it was a great stop over. The room was located on the lower level and the rear door opened out into a vast expanse of grass. Our little Lhasa Apso 'Harry' loved every bit of the stay there. The room was clean and comfortable and the airconditioning worked great. We requested a small fridge for the room & it was delivered promptly.
Full Marks to the staff as the hotel who were very friendly and accomodating.
The beach front is a bit rough though, its rather hard on your feet as it is covered with rocks and shells - So watch out for those little paws as well while they scurry about.
The hotel has a restaurant & bar that serves a reasonable meal, the local beer is worth a try, and is quite good actually. If you fancy something different there is a chinese restaurant opposite the hotel run by a Philipino family and they do some real good Philipino/Chinese dishes. We got a take out from there and loved it.
The near by towns of Camden are quite pretty , the restaurants there however do not permit dogs to enter the premises - so the pooch has to be tied up so that it stays on the outside of the patio. Don't expect much in terms of quality where food is concerned - most of the chefs at the sea side towns seem to be masters at the art of frying and little else.
Over all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Dear Harry,
Thanks for bringing your human companions here. Also, thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 2 August 2008

I stayed at the Comfort in for a couple of days last June while in town for a wedding. It was a very nice hotel with a gorgeous view of the bay. It has a very nice common area (Where breakfast is served) that show off the great bay views, and weather permitting, there is a deck just off of the breakfast area to enjoy a cup of coffee and the view. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. One tiny aspect that I really enjoyed was that the hotel had screens in the windows so that you can enjoy the nice cool evening air. Many hotels that I've stayed in either have windows that do not open, or windows that open, but no screen to prevent the bugs from coming in. Overall, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 18 June 2008

From the front desk at check-in to asking advise the staff was extremely helpful. Our room with the view of the bay was not only clean but perfect in every way.. The pool and hot tub was the ckeanest we ever seen. Again at breakfast the staff was very frendly and helpful. We feel this Quality Inn should be rated as NUMBER ONE.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple

Barry Asalone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!