I almost hate to share this secret- best hotel in the best location of Coastal Maine
that has an awesome view of Penobscot Bay from each room-and at Comfort Inn
prices ! We paid only $134 per night for a King Room on the 3rd floor with a giant
flat screen hi-def TV, a balcony overlooking the bay, free breakfast, microwave,fridge,
and a great bathroom. Room was spanking clean with all the latest amenities.
Room #309 has a great view ( request a 3rd floor room for best view). I read one
review that indicated that the hotel had a bad smell. I checked thoroughly and the hotel
smelled great in late August, even the wonderful pool/Jacuzzi area. The bar & restaurant
area is nice and all the staff were super friendly and helpful. The best dining spot nearby
is outdoor dining- Young's Lobster pound located 1/4 mile away-look for signs on Rt. 1.
Of a week's worth of lobster dining, Young's Lobster Pound had the best Lobster- a
"Shore Dinner" complete with sunset bay views from our picnic table (BYOB). You get a big, tender & delicious
1 1/2 lb. Lobster steamed & cracked nicely with melted butter, a dozen of the best steamed clams I ever tasted, the sweetest/tenderest corn on the cob, a big bowl of
amazing buttery Lobster stew, oyster crackers & chips all for $28.00 ! After trying lobster in Bar Harbor, Boothbay Harbor, & Kennebunkport, I learned to realize that this is a DEAL
because the other places charged almost as much for a small 1 lb. Lobster uncracked
& one ear of corn with nothing else. Young's Lobster had the best taste too. Belfast
is an adorable coastal town, centrally located to all the best sightseeing, so you can make the Comfort Inn Belfast your base of operations and enjoy the comfort of elevators,
A/C and bigscreen TV. I wish I'd stayed there longer in fact & explored Belfast more with
it's Victorian & Neo-Gothic mansions. Nearby Searsport & Bucksport were gorgeous too
and less touristy than Camden/Rockport. At the Comfort Inn, pets are only allowed on the first floor, so request a 3rd floor or 2nd floor room- there was no pet smell at all anywhere. I will look forward to staying here again- great value for little $$. Not the case
elsewhere in coastal Maine. So go, and trust the word of this usually finicky traveler !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine