“Beautiful views, great staff”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wayland MA
“Beautiful views, great staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I travel for business often. When I head to the Maine Coast, I plan my trip put to allow myself a night here. The staff, esp. George, is very friendly and helpful. There are usually cookies by the front desk. Most of the room have a small balcony and the views are incredible. Downtown Belfast is quite charming. The on premises restaurant is very good and serves better and more varied items than your typical hotel restaurant. They even had some micro-brews on tap. Breakfast is typical for a Comfort Inn, but you will find many very friendly travelers even in the off season. The location is convenient to day trips both north to Bar Harbor and south to Camden.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Barry Asalone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The service was excellent here. The front desk was very helpful and even helped track down an item we left behind a week after our stay. During breakfast there was someone constantly refilling, cleaning, and keeping everything in order. The breakfast was just ok with the exception of the make-your-own waffles, which were very good. The view from our room was of beautiful Penobscot Bay.

The room itself while roomy, could use an update. The carpet was well worn and made me question the cleanliness. The sofa-bed was so worn it looked dirty to me. The bathroom appeared to be clean, however, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
sparkleberry52, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Thank you for your comments. We strive at all times to provide clean, fresh accommodations and excellent service at a reasonable price. I'm glad that you found the service to be excellent. That is why we are proud that we have received awards for hospitality for five out of the last six years.

I agree with you that we left the carpet in longer than we should. We now have carpet on order and will be replacing it this fall when we can do it without disrupting guests. I'm sorry that it wasn't already replaced when you arrived.
We hope to see you next year so you can bury your toes in new carpet..
Randolph, N J
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Great staff! Frances, the night keeper is wonderful, friendly and very welcoming...especially after an 8 hour drive and arriving around midnight! The day managers are equally friendly and helpful with travel & activity advise.

The breakfast is very nice and Nancy, who works very hard to make everything clean and pleasant, made it that much nicer.

The beds are comfy and the staff keeps the rooms clean and neat.

The view looking out on the bay is beautiful and the hotel is nicely located making it easy to get into the town of Belfast for sightseeing and activities.

I would definitely stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2010
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I am glad that you will be returning to us.
New York
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The hotel is standard in most ways with the exception of the view from the rooms (all of them), which is outstanding as the hotel faces a large park-like area leading down to Belfast Bay. There is also a nice indoor pool. The staff is friendly. Breakfast was nothing special, but we enjoyed eating outside on the terrace.

The restaurant in the hotel has the same fantastic view as the rooms and very friendly service. The food was not bad.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. We have since upgraded the breakfast and added several items, including scrambled eggs and sausage. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Wayland, MA
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We had a bit of an adventure at the Comfort Inn. We arrived on Saturday night of a very busy weekend and were assigned to room 117. When we got to the room, it had a strong damp, sweaty odor (in fact, the carpet was a bit damp). We asked to change rooms. At first we were told there were no other rooms, but then we were moved to another room that smelled much better. Unfortunately, the person who moved us forgot to update the computer. When we came back from swimming and dinner, our keys no longer worked and we found out our things had been removed from the room! They thought our stuff belonged to the people who had checked out that morning. At this point, we were told there were no other rooms except the smelly one, given some orange spray, and moved back in. Our rate was also reduced 50%. The next night, we were upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi, living room and kitchen. I really thought the staff did their best to make it up to us.

If all this had not happened, I would still rate the Comfort Inn average -- the rooms are older, the finishes are average, and they use all paper and plasticware at breakfast instead of real dishes. And the rates are not particularly low (unless you happen to get a big discount like we did). On the good side, the indoor pool / hot tub area is nice and the ocean view is fantastic. It also appears to be a very pet friendly place -- we saw lots of dogs (all well behaved). I also really like the town of Belfast. When I return to the area next, I'll probably stay at the Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn in Rockport, which was nicer and a really good value.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank KirstenR
Thank you for writing. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal to provide superb accommodations at a comfortable price. I am pleased that the staff reacted to your concerns and took the action that you approved.
We have been upgrading and enhancing our facilities. I am sure that you, like others will find our accommmodations pleasurable.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Typical Comfort Inn with an incredible sea view! The staff was friendly and helpful. EVERY room has a wonderful view.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Belfast, Maine
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Like the previous reviewer, I was with the same group. The staff is truly outstanding. It started with Sarah at the desk accommodating our large group (but all front desk staff were outstanding) and including one of the front desk personnel who prep'ed the continental breakfast early when she heard part of our group was going on a fishing excursion at 430AM. The chef/cook in the restaurant prepared our group's catch three different ways for our entire group when we returned that evening! Truly hospitable service and I felt it wasn't just because we were customers; it was sincere. The view is excellent as all rooms face the Bay. Rooms are average and clean, my only negative comment would be that the blinds on the doors (which go to individual porches facing the water- another plus), are not room darkening, so if you're a light sleeper, you'll be getting up early. You're on the Maine coast so consider it a free wake up call to get out and do something! Near by Camden has the most to offer, although Belfast has a few nice restaurants and pubs (I would not recommend Young's Lobster House however...it's pricey for a no-frills pier type restaurant). Enjoy your stay- we did!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Barry Asalone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!