“Always great and getting better”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years. This location has always been nice, but durring my stay last week I found it even better. The people were all alert and very helpfull, the pool area was more orderly and clean. On top of that the rooms continue to offer one of the best views in Maine.

I'm happy to stay here any time I'm sent to Belfast on Buisness.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you so much for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you and your furry friend back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Reviewed 8 October 2010

This would seem like a generic high-quality inn were it not for its location with major points of interest both east and south on the bay--and the serene view southward across the beautiful lawn. Don't miss the charm of Camden. The Inn welcomes dogs, a reral plus.

Reviewed 2 October 2010

We were looking for a pleasant hotel to use as a base to explore Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, and other areas around Penobscot Bay for a couple of nights without paying Bar Harbor prices. We certainly found it in this Comfort Inn and, with the usual discounts, got away with under $144 night. Service is great, rooms are fresh and clean, there's a nice pool that can be used for a little lap exercise in a crunch, the sauna worked nicely, there are washers and dryers down the hall, and this Comfort Inn has a restaurant attached that is NOT BAD. You may want to zip over to Young's Lobster Pound (some locals think it is overrated; we don't -- it was fun and relatively inexpensive) for a lobster or two. It's only five minutes from the hotel. You even have a sprawling view of the bay from all the rooms with a couple of chairs outside your back door.

We'd recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank TheBrainiac

Thank you so much for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

This is our third time staying here and it just gets better. The people you employ are fantastic. They are friendly, helpful and just great to be around. Breakfast is always ready early and never late. Our rooms are clean and the beds are fantastic. I always sleep like a baby. This is truly a great way to spend time to recover, regroup and relax. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back tree times and writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 10 September 2010

Stayed for one night on our first tour of Massachusetts and Maine. A large Comfort Inn with good-sized rooms with great views around the bay towards Belfast itself.

Oddly the receptionist did not mention their own restaurant when we asked about somewhere to dine at checkin. Luckily we spotted it within the hotel before we got out the car to look for the restaurant suggested! Our dinner was good if of far too huge proportions.

Breakfast was pretty standard fayre on plastic plates etc but was well organised.

Very conveniently located down the road from Belfast, ME. Well recommended for a stopover or centre for a couple of days while touring.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnash

Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to the Unites States and Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 27 August 2010

This hotel has outstanding views across Penobscot Bay, a vast lawn sloping down to the water and rocky beach, a surprisingly good restaurant with exceptionally friendly staff, a decent (and free) breakfast with plenty of room to sit, and courteous hotelkeepers. The large top floor rooms with bedroom on the corridor side and a sitting room on the bay side are very nice, fitted up with kitchenette, silverware, dishes, coffee maker, fridge, toaster and sink. Beds are firm, but okay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We strive not to be a typical hotel. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Reviewed 25 August 2010

I travel for business often. When I head to the Maine Coast, I plan my trip put to allow myself a night here. The staff, esp. George, is very friendly and helpful. There are usually cookies by the front desk. Most of the room have a small balcony and the views are incredible. Downtown Belfast is quite charming. The on premises restaurant is very good and serves better and more varied items than your typical hotel restaurant. They even had some micro-brews on tap. Breakfast is typical for a Comfort Inn, but you will find many very friendly travelers even in the off season. The location is convenient to day trips both north to Bar Harbor and south to Camden.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Barry Asalone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!