Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed for one night enroute to northern Maine. The room was a little dated, but very clean. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The views are the main selling point of this hotel. Fantastic! What a great place to wake up in and look out over the bay.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We drove from MA to meet our son who was driving from central ME for a family 4th of July get together. We had planned to meet in Camden. But after checking hotel and B&B prices, we found much better prices in Belfast! Wonderful; Belfast is home to our favorite Maine lobster restaurant (Young's). We choose Colonial Gables, in part because it has its own beach; and it made for two wonderful, restful days of family catching up. CG could use some updating. But it is clean and quiet (even in those rooms closest to the road, as ours was). Its lack of elegance and formality suited our tastes, and made it an easy place to relax. We enjoyed the view and thoroughly relaxed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AudioLolly
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I needed to book a place fast because of a family crisis and this was one of the few places available with no notice. Now I know why. As you drive in it looks "quaint". When I opened the door and walked in I felt like I was on the deck of an ocean ship. The floor was pitched at different angles depending on where you were in the building. The head of the bed was sloping down and to the right, which was noticeable while trying to sleep. The cabin was fairly clean but cobwebs were noticed. It was musty. During the night my nose started to run, my eyes started to water, and I developed a cough. 3 Benadryls didn't even work. When I got up to go to the bathroom I stumbled because of the uneven floor.
In the morning I noticed mold or mildew on the bathroom baseboards. 3 days later and I'm still sick.
With taxes the room cost $159 per night. I booked 2 nights but only lasted 1. I couldn't take any more.

Room Tip: Check for mold in the bathroom or musty smells.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Willy5775
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed there two nights on 22nd and 23rd of June 2012. We arrived late and we weren't sure how it would be. The outside of some of the cabins looked very ordinary. We had a coupon we got on the Internet.

Well, never judge a book by it's cover. They honoured the coupon, which saved us some money, and we got a very nice and comfortable cottage. The inside was very clean, there was a small but convenient kitchen area with dinnerware for 4, fair size bathroom with a large shower, king size bed with extra covers.

Would definitely go back for some peace and quiet. We highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Yves2009
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here on our way to Acadia, was upgraded to a cabin when I let them know my wife had just fallen and broken her foot , so friendly and accommodating. The cabin we stayed was all you could ask for roomy with a small kitchen and appeared to have been recently updated. And of you cannot beat the price.

Room Tip: Do not let the low rates concern you
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank donzo1997
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed in a deluxe oceanfront cabin for four days. It was comfortable, with the quality reminding me of a typical state park cabin: basic, no frills, and perfect for exploring the area. The value for the price is fantastic. The staff were very friendly. It was a great location for visiting Belfast, and hiking at Acadia and Mt. Battie.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank radiofreenewport
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were upgrade to a cabin by the water and it was wonderful. Adequate size, clean with minimal kitchen accomadations.

Room Tip: All cabins have good view. Motel has good views as it is a top of hill
1  Thank Judy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
#4 of 10 in Rockport
The Gull Motel
The Gull Motel
#7 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village? Share your experiences!