We rented a room not one of the cottages. Our room was one of those 50's motels turned quaint and sweet. We arrived after dark and dropped our bags then quickly purchased the ingredients for s'mores from the ladies in reception. What a sweet thought to have them available!
Our view in the morning was such a surprise, the water was wonderful. Being a tiny bit out of town was peaceful but convenient.
Our room, #1, had an accessible shower for those with mobility concerns. It was freshly decorated and thoughtfully designed with extra shelves in the bathroom and mirrors placed near natural light. A great redesign of a structure built when travelers expected a lot less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village, located in the mid-coast region, offers guest rooms and cottages in Belfast, Maine. All units have beautiful views of Penobscot Bay and the outer island of Islesboro. we are located on ten acres with easy access into the water for a refreshing swim. There is a children's playground area along with BBQ grills and picnic tables throughout the property. You will especially enjoy the beautiful grounds and lovely gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Hotel Belfast
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Belfast, Maine