We have stayed in a few places in the area as our daughter lives close by. In the off season we staff at the Fireside (formerly Comfort Inn) because of the indoor pool (good winter activity with the grandkids) but it's expensive in the summer so we decided to try this. We were upgraded from a motel room to a small cabin with a kitchenette - probably because we were going to be there 4 nights. That was nice. The bed was too soft so it was not very comfortable but everything else was very good. The staff could not have been nicer. We had a couple of issues with the cabin which were promptly fixed. We were far from the water and pretty close to Route 1 so if you go, ask for a cabin farther from the busy road. The wifi is free but didn't work all the time.The grounds are lovely and their have a little playground, shuffle board and horseshoes so there are a few activities for kids. This would be a great place for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village, located in the mid-coast region, offers guest rooms and cottages in Belfast, Maine. All units have beautiful views of Penobscot Bay and the outer island of Islesboro. we are located on ten acres with easy access into the water for a refreshing swim. There is a children's playground area along with BBQ grills and picnic tables throughout the property. You will especially enjoy the beautiful grounds and lovely gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Hotel Belfast
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Belfast, Maine