“Not Worth It”

Sunday River Ski Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Bethel
More attraction details
Owner description: Large resort complex for downhill skiing.
Bel Air, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Summer Vacation is not worth it here. Their facilities are meant for small kids, say children 12 and under. The disc golf course wasn't really a course, just a random cluster of cages. We had thought we could spend an entire day here with all the activities they advertised, but a day quickly turned into 5 mins after surveying the grounds and equipment. And unless you want to spend nearly $100/person mountain biking, you can forget that too. Left very disappointed.

1 Thank Hubble15

Hampton Bays, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My favorite place to ski!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I'm pretty new to skiing. I have skied in New York and Vermont, but you can't beat the Maine skiing. I love Sunday River, it so huge, has so many slopes and it absolutely beautiful out there. It never gets crowded as in NY and VT. Me and my friends always are staying at the resort and it so nice to ski right out your door;)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Roksolana S
Barrie, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A nice get-away place in summer”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Summit lodge [ I think I have the name right -- at least it's close] is well equipped and well staffed. The dining room called Camp is OK -- decent burgers anyway if a bit pricey. The pool/spa/and hiking trails are very good.

A very nice ride [picnic too] is the chondola [chair and gondola lift] ride at the main lodge. $15 per person Thursday - Sunday. Other adventure things are on offer.

If you want a very pleasant, challenging but accessible golf course with reasonable green fees, try the Bethel Inn. We paid $68 each for 18 with cart

Visited July 2014
2 Thank jrmontgomery
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Wonderful food, Proactive service, comfortable accomodations”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This review is for the Resort as a hotel, not for all the features typically found at ski resorts.

Rooms are clean, pleasant, and comfortable. Dining area is well appointed. Although Sunny River's primary draw is in the ski season, our group was treated well during a summer tour of Maine. We stayed here several days, with two dinners and two breakfast bars included. Dinner's included a salad, entree with starch and a light serving of vegetables with beef, chicken, and fish choices, plus a generous serving of desert.

High marks for service where a desk clerk overheard one of us talking to our tour director at being disappointed of not having a room assigned on the same floor as a fellow tour participant. Within a few minutes, the clerk stepped forward, and had both travelers on the same floor. Kudos. Kudos. The same "can do" attitude was displayed throughout the staff, even when they encountered a difficult customer that a number of us heard about several times.

My only complaint is something I find in many newer hotels -- the heat-a/c unit is floor mounted with the air flow blowing directly over the beds. The unit had the option to allow a fan to blow continuously even if a/c or heat wasn't needed at the moment - an option I appreciate.

Visited June 2014
Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Homemade hollandaise. That's the mark of a good breakfast”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Super delicious eggs Benny with asparagus and tomatoes. Lovely waitress and really responsive when we asked to have the music turned down. Did I mention that Camp as well as all sunday river establishments make the best bloody Mary's. Also very reasonable $10 for the Benny. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
sundayrivermaine, Public Relations Manager at Sunday River Ski Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Not going to lie, you're making me want breakfast. Right now. Thanks for the awesome review! Hopefully you'll come see us again soon.

-Shelley from Team Snow