“Good food not worth the wait”
Review of Good Food Store

Good Food Store
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We waited over 20 minutes for two sandwiches while others came and left. with their orders. Finally found our sitting on the counter and had been for a while. Not a great experience

1  Thank GrandMango

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was in town for my 30th high school reunion, we came up from MD to spend two weeks traveling in Maine. Since I have a gluten allergy, I am always on the hunt for gluten free items when I am traveling. While the overall selection of products is a lot smaller than what I am used to in the Baltimore metro area, the good food store had fantastic gluten free/grain free paleo bread from Dunham Farm. I liked it so much I bough the last 2 loaves. Next time I am in the area I will absolutely stop back in for more bread!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Whenever I visit Maine, I am sure to stop at the Good food Store in Bethel for a bite to eat. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but they have a nice selection of natural, organic, and local foods inside. The cafe prepares tasty soups (seasonally), salads, and sandwiches. They even have several gluten-free options. There is no inside dining area, but there is a picnic table outside, and plenty of picnic spots in the region.

2  Thank Lizzie010149021
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Everything we had was delish. Spicy veggie wrap, veggie ruben were especially good. They also have local desserts, wines, and grocery items.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great place to get your picnic lunch or a full course gourmet dinner to go. Good Food just barely describes the prepared foods offered here. We live in the village, have a perfectly functional kitchen, and are decent cooks yet we frequently buy a tray of lasagna or shepherds pie to take home for supper. Fresh baked cookies or pies for desert!

In addition to lunches and prepared foods the Good Food Store is also a somewhat eclectic grocery market providing the basic staples to the unusual and hard to find.

Stop in and ask for the trivia question of the day (weekdays) for a chance at a free cookie!