“Bring your appetite!”

Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 August 2014

By chance, my wife and I stopped here while driving to our rented cabin for the week. Glad we did! From the road it looks like a "'roach coach". Don't let the looks deceive you.

The BBQ is outstanding. The sides are great, I really enjoyed the slaw. I had the Brisket and the Wild sauce- not too hot and very flavorful! My wife enjoyed the pulled pork...again amazing.

The portions are not small...the service was nice and friendly. They don't serves drinks, but you are more than welcome to use the vending machine or drop into the AWESOME food store 50 feet away...the picnic tables under the trees is a nice treat. Don't miss this one!

1  Thank SHESAIDYES09

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We chose this place after a review of TripAdvisor comments - we write them and use the opinions of others as well!

In our experience, most restaurants serving BBQ, simply cook the meat in an oven, slowly, then serve it covered with BBQ sauce (sometimes maybe running it under the broiler first). This is in our opinion, a somewhat less-than-honest approach to preparing and "selling: BBQ.

The true and honest approach is to smoke the meat, very slowly over low heat, applying the proper rubs, etc. This was the approach here and the result was excellent.

Everything we had was tasty and fulfilling. The brisket and ribs were superb and the chili was unusual and exceptional.

It is not an inexpensive meal (maybe the owners can consider tweaking the prices a bit here) and you must eat outdoors under the trees - but that's a small sacrifice. We would return.

1  Thank Objective-NOT-PC
Reviewed 11 August 2014

found this BBQ right next to our Motel/Inn..really good food at a reasonable price..picnic tables for a great outdoor meal..bring the handiwipes as it's finger licking good

4  Thank ladtvtxrider
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We drove by a few times and I had seen some lines so am not sure they are usually very quick. But we went there for lunch and didn't really have time for anything. Our food was ready in about 5 minutes and I enjoyed the pulled chicken sandwich. Not a huge BBQ fan but I thought it was good and very convenient.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

the bbq spice rub and bbq sauce had a LOT of cumin, which is not my favorite spice for bbq. i like sweeter, tangier bbq sauce. my hubby liked it. beans had a good taste, but were very overcooked. coleslaw was a weird color-greyish yellow, but tasted good. corn bread was dry yet gummy and didn't have a lot of flavor. pretty good pasta salad-it had a variety of veggies with tri-color pasta and a tasty dressing. meat (ribs, chicken, and sausage) was cooked well, but the chicken was a little dry.

2  Thank kami3Maine

Been to Smokin' Good BBQ? Share your experiences!