“Excellent Family-Owned Steak House”
Review of Black Diamond Steak House - CLOSED

Black Diamond Steak House
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a delicious dinner at ''The Diamond,'' serving the highest quality Certified Angus Beef Brand and the freshest seafood available along with fresh local in-season produce.
Rhode Island
“Excellent Family-Owned Steak House”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

There are not a lot of decent, off-mountain eating options at Sunday River, but this is one you should definitely hit if you want to escape from your condo or hotel. The ownership and wait staff are very friendly. The restaurant is quiet and clean. I went with two of my adult sons for dinner and our steaks and appetizers were very good, and perfectly done. The portions are modest, but that's OK. Plenty to eat and moderately priced. As ski area restaurants go, this one ranks very high and is a great place to grab a steak.

Sanford, Maine
“Great place, great food!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We made a last minute reservation at this restaurant for New Years Eve, actually just a few hours before! We arrived and were promptly seated, greeted and given drinks and menus. We ordered steaks, a rib eye and a prime rib dinner. The generous salads were very thoughtfully done with mixed greens, grated carrots and other salad vegetables. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and very good. The side dish was a very tasty mix of vegetables. I had a yummy baked sweet potato. Our waitress Ronnie was friendly and took good care of us. Our meal was served in a very timely manner. I will visit this restaurant again.

New York City Area
“They don't honor reservations”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We made dinner reservations a week in advance. When we arrived the table they had for 3 of us was a table for 2 between the kitchen door and the bar. Didn't even stay for dinner. I won't spend my money in a place like this. Went to SS Milton and had a great meal at a table that was big enough for 3.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Love this restaurant. It's very ski resort-ish. The food is excellent. The ambiance nice, woodsy. Service excellent. Drinks very, very well mixed. I only wish it was closer to where we live. .... ;-)

Kennebunk, Maine
“Happenchance stop here..to our delight!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I were out for a Sunday drive with the few days of warm weather in November. We were actually headed for Sunday River to have a drink, but decided to stop here for a bite to eat. I had the pork chop, which was of good size, and my husband had the meatloaf...very good stick-to-your-ribs food. The manager was able to make me a drink that was reminiscent of fall, spiced apples, pumpkin and rum with cream...WONDERFUL! Will be back!

• Visited November 2013