“Excellent all around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Diamond Steak House - CLOSED

Black Diamond Steak House
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy a delicious dinner at ''The Diamond,'' serving the highest quality Certified Angus Beef Brand and the freshest seafood available along with fresh local in-season produce.
Gardiner, Maine
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The mix of ratings is a bit of a surprise. My wife and I stopped here for lunch with another couple and were very pleased. The service was prompt and pleasant from the time we arrived. Everyone's food was very good, from the fish and chips to the haddock chowder to the lunch special (turkey and Swiss). The décor on the walls was interesting to check out - old skis and sleds plus some paintings that brought back memories, especially the Mt Cranmore Skimobile. We are looking forward to coming back for a dinner later this year.

• Visited April 2014

Methuen, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

So disappointed! It took 15 minutes to even meet our waitress, although she was very personable she couldn't get our orders right. She brought me our the wrong dressing for my salad, then came back to tell me "we are all out of the salmon" I ordered the scallops!! My husband's ribeye was a tasteless slab of over cooked meat. Wish we went to a pizza place!! Would not recommend or return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor Food Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a family dinner here and the food was insipid. The medium rare burger came out like hockey puck and my son's ginger ale tasted like soap. The highlight of the meal was a hair in my wife's fries. There was little to no response from management and when confronted with the hair in the food, the waitress resembled a deer in headlights.

We do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Augusta, Maine
“one of the best dinner I've had in a LONG time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Maybe we were just lucky, but my boyfriend and I had one of the best dinners at this steakhouse. We wanted to go out for a nicer dinner than we usually do, and this place was perfect. We had a crab dip appetizer that was impeccable. I had a baked-stuffed haddock for my entree, which came with a nice green salad, fresh green beans, AND a twice-baked potato. All of my food was amazing, especially the haddock. We finished off our meal with chocolate cake and that was delicious as well.

We had an amazing waitress. We got our food quickly but it was a Saturday night, and the waitress kept emphasizing she wasn't rushing us by giving us our good quickly. I felt like we could have stayed an hour after eating! Honestly just a great meal and I have no complaints!

• Visited February 2014
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

One of our dinners was inedible although the other was good. A side item chosen from the waitresses offered selections was not available and a substitute made without being given the choice of making another selection. Although it was early and there were few people the dinners came too promptly the salads weren't even quite finished. We will not be going back, even though the waitress was good and tried to make up for the lack of concern by the manager regarding the fatty, grisly, tough steak.

• Visited January 2014