“Victoria Inn, Bethel, ME”
Review of The Victoria Inn

The Victoria Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Victoria Inn, Bethel, ME”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were in town for parent's weekend at Gould Academy the end of April. Warm and cozy inn was just the ticket for the surprising snow flurries! The Inn is very comfortable and welcoming.
Pat the owner is very friendly, and provides a delicious breakfast. It's a super spot!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank safehavn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Glen
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Inn is beautiful and the breakfast was delicious. We look forward to going back in the fall.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank awcgmc
old forge
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our family was traveling through Bethel and were happily surprised with this Gem. We had been on the road for sometime going through some not so fun looking towns, then we pulled into Bethel. A Lovely place and The Victoria Inn was great, clean and Patty the owner was so helpful she gave us a super recommendation to have Korean Food...a great 5 minute walk from the B&B.
Our homemade Pumpkin Bread at breakfast was also yummy.....If we make it back through Bethel we will for sure stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #4 which we liked, since our 3.5 year old son, Loves bathes and this room has a ja...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at the victoria Inn the last week of February which is winter break for local schools. I had planned a week at Sunday River and it was difficult to find a room with reasonable rates. The Victoria Inn provided a luxurious room with a tub, room. I believe it was room 1. The room was so nice, my husband and I were afraid to touch anything at first, but then we got used to it and relaxed. The bed was way high up in the air, very plush. My husband is over 6 foot tall and his feet didn't reach the floor when sitting on it. I had to crawl into bed.

When we arrived, the atmosphere was just as described by others. A note in the front parlor with the phone number of the Inn Keeper and a plate of cookies, which I enjoyed. She came and gave us the key and showed us to our room. The Inn was very comfortable.

The breakfast was to die for. Everything on the menu was out and in a buffet style. My only complaint was that the lifts opened at 8 that week instead of 9 and breakfast wasn't served till 7:30, so in order to get to the Sunday River parking lot early, we had to miss breakfast. The day we checked out we had a wonderful breakfast.

A hot tub, concierge, bell hop, and earlier breakfast would make this place 5 stars.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you is that if you want an indoor entrance to your room, request it. If you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank snnoopy
Alfred, Maine
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This truly Victorian themed B&B makes your imagination easily drift into that era. I felt as if I had been transported into a Jane Austin novel. The house is beautifully decorated with attention to fine details. It is cozy and elegant from the moment you open the enormous carved wooden front doors. At the end of a hard day of skiing, all I wanted to do was curl up on the incredibly comfortable bed, snuggle into the layers of blankets, comforter and assorted throw pillows and read a book, or watch a movie. The breakfasts were delicious and filling. Delightful experience!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Portland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The attentive staff made my stay enjoyable. The breakfast was great. The unique charactor of this charming inn made my stay feel special as well as memorable.

I will definatley be making my way to Bethel again and if there is room available I will certainly stay at the Victoria. I recommend this inn to all!

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming :)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Victoria Inn is still our favorite destination when we go skiing to Sunday River. The rooms are very nice and well furnished. The beds are extremely comfortable and the service is excellent. We had a problem with the bathroom and was fixed immediately. We even left a personal item in the room while leaving. It was retrieved and sent to us at no cost. The staff is friendly, always available and makes you feel at home. My children love it and they don't want to go any other places. The breakfast is good, but it could be improved.
We will go back there in the short term future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8. Accomodate 5-6 people easily if they need to sleep together.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family