The Inn is lovely with some real charm but is starting to need some care and attention. Pat was very kind but seems like she may have a lot on her hands in keeping up with the property's deferred maintenance and also managing the staff. The breakfast staff was very kind and helpful but we were more than a little jarred to leave by one of the side entrances to go out to the parking lot to find cigarette butts strewn on the porch and a huge bucket for the cigarette butts right there by the door. It did nothing for the ambiance which is waning. Additionally when we arrived Friday night some of the stairs were not shoveled off yet and we were greeted with a very cold room, which Pat assured us would come up to temperature very soon. It was comfortable after we returned from dinner 3 hrs. later but not at all warm. Also, the shade was drawn in the window(because it was right beneath the deck stairs(Room #14) and it made for a very dark room. I would suggest some of that frosted window applique that would let light in but protect privacy with the ability to pull the shade after dark. There was a tv tucked in the corner with the cords handing down and a makeshift closet bar beneath that did nothing to add to the ambiance. The bed seemed too large for the room with the frame being one that you could hang curtains on. I would tone down the bed frame, and add an armoire that would hide the tv and/or hanging clothes. There was only one night table to one side of the bed; I might ad a second one for 2 guests. I used a chair to put my books and glasses for the evening.
Wonderful architecture but attention to detail is lacking. The breakfast buffet was very good but not outstanding. I would stay again but will probably try other B&B's before going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Inn is a bed and breakfast inn in Bethel, a charming and historic village located the western Maine mountains region. This historic 19th century inn, previously known as the Bethel Inn, has been lovingly restored with the decor and antiques of the romantic Victorian period. We are pleased to offer a variety of lodging accommodations including standard rooms, superior and deluxe rooms, as well as multi-room family suites with lofts. All rooms are decorated with Victorian period furnishings, and offer private baths, cable TV, and room phones with data ports. A delicious full cooked breakfast is included with all of our accommodations. The Victoria Inn is within a short walk to shopping, movie theaters, one of the two renowned local golf courses as well as to Gould Academy, and the National Training Laboratories facilities. Bethel offers a wealth of opportunities for activities including skiing and snowboarding, golfing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and more. Whether you are seeking an active holiday, a romantic getaway, a wedding or anniversary celebration, scenic touring, or a family vacation, plan on staying with us at The Victoria Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Victoria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victoria Hotel Bethel
- The Victoria Inn Bethel, Maine