“Great to go!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Bethel, Maine
“Great to go!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

When we don't feel like cooking we can count on Kowloon Village to save the day. It's always been "to go" so I can't comment on much other than the food which has always been excellent. One word that describes the food is fresh. I've never had a meal that didn't appear to be made to order. I love the "house special" fried rice. It's never been heavy or gummy as rice can get when it's been around for a while. The main dishes have vegetables that are still green and crisp. Maybe I'll get some tonight!

Visited January 2014

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Best in Town (maybe only)”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Always on our list. The service is always with a smile of welcome. Can't beat the Scorpion Bowl. Good value for too much food. Lots of photos of food choices on the walls if you're undecided. Not fancy, so come as you are and enjoy. Combinations are our favorites. Too much sauce for me ,but tasty. Classic American Chinese food or request your favorite.

Visited July 2013
Gardiner, Maine, United States
“Wonderful Lo Mein”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch on our way through Bethel. The restaurant is pretty plain on the outside, and the inside isn't much better. However, we were greeted promptly by a very cheerful young lady. I ordered the mushroom curried lo mein, and my daughter ordered the tofu curried fried rice. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The vegetables were tender-crisp - not overcooked. Not too much oily, and the curry had a mild to medium spice. The quantity was substantial and we ended up with enough left over for dinner. The only thing I found disappointing was the Styrofoam to-go containers. There are may recyclable or compostable products out there that are inexpensive and work very well. I will make a point of stopping here again when I'm in Bethel.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place is located in a small strip mall on the main road. As far as I know,. there are no other Chinese restaurants around. The food was freshly made. The eggrolls and chicken fingers weren't greasy at all. I also had the pork fried rice which was just rice and pork...no onions, beansprouts, eggs, etc like you find in other places. It was a bit plain but it still tasted good. It was ok. I'd go again if in the area. too bad they don't have delivery.

Visited February 2013
Ashland, Ohio
“the best Chinese food I ever had”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Simply perfect Chinese food: hot, not too greasy, fresh, fried breading on chicken was light and flaky and still the chicken inside was fully cooked but not overdone. I was very happy with this place and it is about 4-5 block walk from the Chapman in where we stayed in Bethel.

• Visited November 2012