“a hidden gem”

Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Bethel
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It may seem impossible to get great sushi in western Maine until you go to Cho Sun. This place is amazing and the atmosphere is just as great. It does get very crazy busy during the ski season where you can wait a bit for your order however the food is, in my opinion, very much worth it.

There are newer reviews for Cho Sun

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Not what I expected. The food was average. Tiny portions. I had to stop to get a sandwich on the way home. Had an appetizer, steak, and white rice. Won't go back.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My son recommended this to me. I would never thought of going to an oriental restaurant in the middle of the Maine woods and mountains, but I'm glad I listened to him.

We ordered a wide selection off the menu, including sushi. Everything was excellent, including the service.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've visited several times and always enjoyed our meal. Between the 4 of us we've now sampled most of the menu and everyone has enjoyed their appetitizers through dessert. The atmostphere in the restuarant area is calm and inviting with soft woods and Asian art. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our first meal at Cho Sun, and we stopped in after a long day of skiing at Sunday River. We had checked out the online menu and it looked interesting, so off we went.
The food was satisfying; light, but tasty and intriguing, particularly the short ribs I ordered, the pickled zucchini condiment and those killer roasted potatoes. The shrimp tempura was also one of the best we have had.
Service was professional, friendly and, perhaps most importantly, well-timed, something many restaurants seem to be having trouble with these days. We will definitely go back the next time we're at Sunday River. Our only regret is that it's five hours away!