“sweet, affordable”

Ranked #4 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
New Berlin, Illinois
“sweet, affordable”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a really outstanding stay at this quaint inn. We were in town for a wedding. Made reservations online and this inn did not disappoint. At the wedding, we found out that the bride and groom were spending their wedding night there, too. What better recommendation do you need than to have local folks staying at this inn for their wedding night?!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Raynham, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a real find. The atmosphere was welcoming and friendly, and the room was clean and well maintained. Our vehicle decided to stop working just as we were arriving and the helfulness of the proprietor finding someone to address the issue was outstanding... you just can't find this hospitality anymore!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
rostayowner, Owner at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Thanks Bill for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I know how stressful it can be when unscheduled interruptions like a malfunctioning car, alter your weekend plans. One of the things I love about Bethel is how other businesses will go above and beyond to help a fellow person. Gaudreaus Auto Service worked on your car on a Sunday so you could get on with your adventure! It takes a Village to keep a customer happy sometimes!!
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I had to cancel my reservation because of family isues requiring me to travel out of State. I booked the reservation with Booking.com and I canceled the booking with in the time period requiring me to pay the full reservation costs. I figured I had no option other than to pay the cost. Ten minutes after I canceled the booking online I was called by the Rostay Manager to be informed that he would only charge me the $15.00 commission. This was a lot better than the original $99.00.

Folks, this is old fasion service in a connected online Internet world. I sincerely appreciate their service and I hope to stay with them next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Rocky Hill,
Reviewed 28 May 2013

A quintessential New England inn, the Rostay is located right in town with quick access to the best ski slopes and snowmobile trails around. The innkeepers – Kathy & Al – truly understand the meaning of hospitality, and make every effort to ensure your visit with them is comfortable and convenient. Setting this place apart from the rest in the area are the personal touches brought to life by its owners – Kathy’s beautifully homemade quilts can be found throughout the property and for sale in the inn’s quilt shop, while Al's execution of french toast and blueberry pancakes is spot on. There are also plenty of activities nearby in the summer – from antiquing to golfing to fishing and boating. So no matter what season your stay is in, you’re guaranteed a great time and a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks Erica! It was great to see you again! We love it when guests return; it shows us how important we are to you! Bethel is a great town to visit as there is always something new. And, at The Rostay, we always try to keep things fresh so even repeaters can enjoy something new!
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 May 2013

After I enrolled in the Becoming an Outdoors Woman in Maine workshop to be held at the University of Maine's 4H Camp and Learning Center at Bryant Pond on May 18, 2013, I called the 4H Camp looking for hotel recommendations in the Bethel, ME area. The woman I spoke to at the Camp recommended The Inn at the Rostay. After checking out the Inn's website, I decided to make my reservation to stay here. Upon entering Room 26, I immediately noticed it looked a bit different from the picture of Room 26 on the website. Looks like the furniture was moved around a little bit. Not a big deal to me. The room was clean, although I did not some rust on one of the base board heaters, and some rips in the patchwork bedspread. The Inn is on a busy road, so there is a lot of noise (depending on the time of day) with the traffic going by. All in all - not enough to deter me from staying here again. If I find myself back in the area, I would stay here again. I left the hotel very early to get to the workshop, so I did not have the chance to check out the Breakfast offerings.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Very observant Loves To Travel, we did move the furniture around a bit. Guests suggested that they would like to face the TV instead of having to turn a bit so we took them up on their suggestion! You're right about the slight rust on the baseboards. By the end of the winter, with the rooms closed up tight, we do get a little condensation build up. Spring plans always include touch-up painting which we will get right to. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!
South Orleans, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is a great place to stay in the Behtel area -- close to town and to Sunday River. The rooms are clean and cozy. Shuttle service to town and to Sunday River is frequent and convenient. The owners, Al and Kathy are great. Al cooks up some very good blueberry pancakes. We really enjoyed our stay and we will be back for sure.
If you are into quilting, Kathy has a great quilt shop and some beautiful quilts on display and for sale. Don't miss this!
Peter & Maureen.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
rostayowner, Owner at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you Peter & Maureen!! It is always nice to have "new regulars"!!!! Welcome aboard!! Hope your knee is healing well and can't wait to see you next season!
West Newbury, Ma
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Inn is easy to get too, clean with friendly owners.
Shuttle to the ski slops are coming every 30 minutes and the breakfast is out of this world. Rooms are clean.
Breakfast has nice varieties for adults and kids.
Close to dinning places at night.
Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Mt Madison Inn & Suites
#8 of 15 in Bethel
Norseman Inn
Norseman Inn
#10 of 15 in Bethel

Been to The Inn at the Rostay? Share your experiences!