“Great location, very good food and excellent drinks”
Review of 22 Broad Street

22 Broad Street
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Broad Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Mountain Explorer (Sunday River Shuttle) service stops directly across the street (in the winter months only).
Description: Authentic Italian food served in an historical setting in an 1868 home. Martini bar, screened in porch and real fireplace. Great for private parties and special occasions.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here and enjoyed out meals. The risotto is excellent! Busy place so need a reservation. Food and drink were both good.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked this restaurant based on Trip Advisor's reviews and were not disappointed. Chuck was our waiter and he struck just the right balance between being attentive, funny and excellent at what he does. The food was delicious, the atmosphere perfect after a day of skiing with a real fire in the fireplace in the room that we were seated in. The bar area got a little noisy and the staff simply closed the door between the bar and the dining room and order was magically restored. It will definitely be on our list of restaurants to visit again and again!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Don't miss the opportunity to check out the wonderful Italian food at 22 broad st. Excellent, excellent, excellent. It is my first choice for a fine or casual relaxed dining experience. Great wine selection snd martini bar john and Amy are wonderful friendly people. Walk in a stranger leave a friend.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went here last week on vacation with my family it was very busy but that's fine my wife and I had a great cocktail while waiting to be seated .Once seated our waitress gave us our menu which all the food was awesome but its hard to enjoy your food when our waitress is walking around swearing at people , l have two young kids and they did not need to here that language from somebody I am very surprised see has a job there at all

3  Thank miccio27
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Located in a nicely restored older home the restaurant was nicely decorated and had a warm vibe. As it was a Saturday on a school vacation week it was busy and prime time reservations were hard to come by (plan ahead). Ours was at 6:15, our table was ready and we were seated promptly. The service was friendly and attentive. The pace was right for a nice dinner. The wine list ran to the pricey side given the cost of the food items and the sort of bottles on offer but we were happy with our selection.

One our meals the beef braciole was outstanding well prepared with an ample portion. it was accompanied by some simple but tasty zuccini slices. A small bowl of very ordinary ziti and pomodoro accompanied the meal. It was just OK

The other meal was a braised lamb shank on a puree of root vegtables. The also ample lamb shank was surprisingly bland. Fortunately the puree supplied some flavor. The same sides were provided. After sharing tastes with my wife I spent my meal wishing i had ordered the braciole. I think that the shank had been braised too long and had the flavor cooked out of it. They might do better with a lamb osso bucco (modern style with tomatoes) which would produce a more robust flavor.

I thought the price of the entrees was quite reasonable in the $20 range. The optional side salad for $2 was small and simple but well dressed and worth the money.

I would visit this restaurant again but would probably order a sauced rather than braised entree.

1  Thank robbski