“Down Home Down East Eatery”
Review of S.S. Milton - CLOSED

S.S. Milton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Casual ambiance, unpretentious service, interesting menu and delicious food during an al fresco lunch on the porch w/ an attentive and chatty waitress. We enjoyed an exceptionally good apple- jack based onion soup; light, perfectly fried crab cakes; a Monte Cristo sandwich with a tasty ham served w/real maple syrup. A blueberry infused ale proved a unique accompaniment. All in all a thoroughly pleasant experience. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Patuxet1620
There are newer reviews for S.S. Milton

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a New England home that has been converted into a nice restaurant. We were very pleased with the service and quality of the food.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Hubs and I were down from the resort, nothing open there. Glad we decided to stop there!! Chicken Oscar was divine!! Our waitress was so sweet, she took care of us and quite a few other tables, but we never felt neglected. I will definitely go back if we head to Maine again!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

excellent seafood chowder! and good steaks too. Close to where we stayed and was not crowded. Staff was wonderful

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I met a friend for dinner tonight at S. S. Milton and I'd recommend to others if in the Bethel area. I live 20 miles away and I had never gone here for dinner but was glad I did and will go back again. I had an oven baked piece of salmon and my friend had the haddock. Both fish choices were very good picks and also came with twice baked potato and broccoli with hot dinner rolls. the ss milton salad before the entree was excellent with tossed fresh greens, mandarin orange slices, raisins and the house dressing. Pies are homemade & I had mixed berry pie and my friend had strawberry rhubarb and both were excellent. Service was good and attentive.

2  Thank Bob2132014