“Hot and needs a lot of work”
Review of Snow Cap Inn

Snow Cap Inn
Snow Cap Inn
Ranked #12 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
Winchester, MA
“Hot and needs a lot of work”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The main areas are very inviting with a gas fire place and comfy couches. I had pilled sheets on my bed. I opened the window because my room was too hot, but the window wouldn't close. The shade wouldn't open today. I had a room mate who needed a separate key but they didn't have one for her and didn't get her one the entire time for the entire weekend stay. I don't think they were fully booked so I don't know why they didn't move us to another room. We were in a group of 13 people. Some of moved to the top floor in the back and weren't disturbed by the loud party going on for some of our other guests in our group.

Room Tip: I was in room 425 which has it's own quiet wing at the top floor. Make sure that the room is not...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Skowhegan
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Having never stayed here we weren't sure what t expect. The rooms are small and the heater was very noisy. Bed and pillows were OK. The room price was high for the quality of the room. They have a continental breakfast but we didn't partake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rsskow
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was staying at Snow Cap Inn for 3 nights. I reserved my room on Cyber Monday during special offers. After reading some reviews I got a little bit scared. When I arrived they gave me a room # 209 at the basement level. The room had 2 double beds and was very basic. It was clean and had everything that skier needs to feel happy. If you have a hi expectations then raise your spending and keep looking farther. But if you need a clean basic room just to spend a night and pay a reasonable price then this place will work for you. Shuttle service was working great! Breakfast was very good. I was very surprised by the Inn staff. All people who work there are very nice and always ready to help with any question.Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BeachCoveManager
Dunbarton
Reviewed 18 December 2013

When I received an email in September indicating that accomodations and lift tickets were on sale, I booked a room and believed that lift tickets for two days were included. When we arrived, the heat didn't work in the room so they had to change our room. They also told us that the price included only one day's lift ticket. When I told the not-so-charming reservations supervisor that I felt ripped off, she nastily replied "How can you feel ripped off when you only paid the discount price." The customer service representative was so discourteous that I don't think I'll ever come back to Sunday River. With so many other great ski areas in New England there is no point in putting up with discourteous staff.

Room Tip: Go elsehere
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter C

Travellers are raving about these Bethel hotels

boston
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The property was nice, clean and like an inn should be, quaint! fireplaces in the common areas ,fresh baked cookies in the morning. The only down side is that the outdoor hot tube is quite small, but if you are off season may not be bad. Very close to main ski lodge for Sunday river with easy shuttle access.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
South China, Maine
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here the night before the Tough Mountain Challenge and arrived late in the evening only to find one of the beds in our room had blood soaked from the bedspread down to the fitted sheet. I'll let you make your own assumption as to what happened on that bed before we arrived. Needless to say we notified the front desk clerk about the issue and he said he'd be right up to our room. He stripped the bed and replaced all the bedding and was in and out in 10 minutes. I found that having to deal with this at 11:30 in the evening was not only a nuisance but just flat out disgusting. Not so much as an apology or an offer to credit or upgrade our room after he saw the grotesque mess that one of our beds was in. Ummm.....what the heck!
Housekeeping is definitely lacking in this hotel as I also found garbage in a cabinet while I was putting my bag away. Also, rooms are small so don't be expecting anything grand and spacious when you stay here. Bathroom is so tiny there isn't room for a sink in the bathroom - I thought this was just weird.
We stayed here because options are limited in this area but we needed to be there for the race in the morning - other than that I wouldn't stay here again. I would definitely try one of the other lodge hotels and pay a little more for better quality.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HollieK4
new hampshire
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed at the Snow Cap for one night, we came to Sunday River a day early for a week long ski trip and the condo we rented was not available. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean, althought for some reason the hallway smelled of cooked broccoli..yes stinky broccoli and the smell permiated into the room. This hotel was very noisy, it appeared some of the rooms near us had LOTS of people sharing the room.
This hotel does have an awkwardly placed outdoor hot tub.It is right outside the front door and you need to run thru the lobby to get back to your room.

They do have a nice continental breakfast but it was so crowded we passed on it affraid we would miss the 1030a check out time.

This hotel was fine for the 89.00 we paid but not worth a penny more and certainly not for more than two night. It was way to loud and smelly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family