“Better to be the squeaker than the squeakee”

Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed 12 March 2013

As I went to bed, I couldn't decide whether to rate this budget motel 3 or 4 stars. It certainly is inexpensive; using Americas Best Value discount card (get one online for immediate use) the room was $50.00 including taxes. The room was large and clean, the bed was comfortable, the ice machine and fridge worked, wi-fi signal was good, the check-in was fine, and although the motel is close to the road, road noise was almost imperceptible.

Then 6:00 AM came, and the folks upstairs began to move around their room. I have the feeling every floorboard in their room was loose, because no matter where they were, there was the squeak. Then it would quiet down, I'd start to nod off, then SQUEAKKKK. This kept up until 7:30 AM, by which time my restful night had become teeth-clenching day.

The room was 102, next to the office. I have no idea whether this problem is limited to the room I was in, or occurs in all the downstairs rooms. If it happens in all the rooms, I'd rate the downstairs rooms 2 stars. If the rooms upstairs are similar to the room I was in, I rate them 4 stars as budget hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Go upstairs, of course.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AdirondackBlue
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for an extended period of time on my last trip because of the price, I've now stayed here 7 times over the last 7 months, averaging once a month for several days or more. Like another reviewer, my room didn't have a microwave but the owner brought one to my room when I inquired, that's great service. Also, I noticed another reviewer complaining about the hotel being oversold, my recommendation to that person and others is never book through a reseller like they described, always go directly to the Americas Best Value Inn main web site. I swear I am not an employee or owner, this hotel just does a great job at making you comfortable at the best price around, and I travel extensively, so I give credit only where it is well deserved. The owners live on-sight so they are always around and glad to help if you need something.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PineTravel
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We were expecting little from the website and reviews. Me the manager and he was very helpful.. good wifi.... warned us about an upcoming blizzard in our home area. Room was clean ... strong wifi signal... good heating system... very cold cold and evening..... nice shower and warm water... clean.. we had reserved for a three day stay but by that evening we knew it would be very bad to commute home and Saturday when we were due to leave looked no better.
Talked to the manager on Thursday morning and informed him we had to head home .. he agreed.. cancelled our longer stay and just charged for the evening..

This made for very loyal and happy customers.

Room Tip: no restaurant or pool that we are aware of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 2 November 2012

After finding other hotels exorbitantly overpriced, we selected this hotel & were pleasantly surprised. We were cordially received at the reception desk, the room was very clean & included a fridge. Location was great - not far from restaurants & shopping, etc. Only coffee offered in the morning, however. AAA/CAA card honoured. Would readily stay here again. Great value & price.

Room Tip: If many pieces of luggage, suggest ground floor as no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Please understand this is a discount, no-frills hotel. That said, it is a great deal. The owner Raz lives on-site and is very attentive to any concerns (internet was down, Raz immediately determined a housekeeper accidentally unplugged the router in a storage room). The room I stayed in was extremely clean and everything was brand new: the bed and bedding, the furniture, and carpet. I've stayed several times in the last few months because it's such a good deal. My only recommendation to future lodgers is to request a room away from a smoking room, and not above a smoking room. Maine gets cold in the winter and smokers don't want to go outside, so I'm sure Raz has smoking rooms for business reasons. For the money, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to or above a smoking room, otherwise the rooms I've stayed in were clean an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PineTravel
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The guy at the desk is so nice and will do anything for you. Although there is only Coffee in the morning, you DO get a fridge in the room, and a soda machine and ice machine. The Wifi always works, and it is clean and cozy. Just would LOVE a microwave in the room. I imagine I could bring one next time. I think I will. Also, this is right between OOB and Kennebunk. Perfect. I will always stay here. They accept AAA for $10 off. The room was $88 plus tax during the week with AAA discount. Likey likey. Ha.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
abvibiddeford, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your pleasant stay. We take much pride in our property and like to treat our guests like family. We do have microwaves in some rooms all you need to do is ask ahead of time. We thank you again for the kind words and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here just overnight, but the front desk clerk was nice, the room was very clean and nice for the low, low price of the motel. And it wasn't that far from a few restaurants or the highway. We were very well pleased with the room and the overall appearance and staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicki M

Thank you for your positive review! We know you are busy and it takes time to post your thoughts, but we do appreciate it. We take alot of pride to make our property welcoming and clean and we are happy that you enjoyed it. WE are always maintaining and cleaning! We look forward to seeing you again!

Again, thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland? Share your experiences!