“Spartan hotel at a spartan price”

Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed 18 May 2013

If you are looking for a basic room and are on a budget, this place will suffice.

We booked this hotel for UNE graduation weekend becuase all hotels fill up and we just wanted an inexpensive hotel.

We like the easy access from the interstate; its a short drive to Biddo, OOB, Saco, UNE, etc.

The gentleman behind the counter was lovely but very busy.

The room lacked some basic ammenities such as a hair dryer, coffee pot, shampoo, conditioner & lotion. The bed was "full" not "queen" sized (54" x 75"). If you are taller than 5'9" you are going to wish the bed was larger. The room also seemed to be under-furnished (only one night stand).

There is coffee in the lobby and Dunkin Donuts is 5 minute walk away.

Overall, a clean and reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Obaminator

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I neede a place to stay near UNE and was really broke this weekend. I stayed at America's Best Value Inn. I had passed it on all of my trips to the area and kept telling myself to stop by and check it out. However I did not. I did read the reviews of other vacationers in the area. I was pleasantly surprised that the motel was very clean. I was very happy about that as I needed to have a back up plan in the area for the times where I needed to visit and did not care about the "extras" such as breakfast and a gym. The place was perfect for this purpose. Again it was very clean and the inn keeper Raj was very nice. I did stay on the first floor which I did find to be a little noisey. My upstairs neighbor walked very heavily and I did hear him. Howevere he did not keep me awake so it turned out fine. I would stay there again. It served it's purpose for a low cost clean room and a hot shower- a perfect pick!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dawn l
Reviewed 12 March 2013

As I went to bed, I couldn't decide whether to rate this budget motel 3 or 4 stars. It certainly is inexpensive; using Americas Best Value discount card (get one online for immediate use) the room was $50.00 including taxes. The room was large and clean, the bed was comfortable, the ice machine and fridge worked, wi-fi signal was good, the check-in was fine, and although the motel is close to the road, road noise was almost imperceptible.

Then 6:00 AM came, and the folks upstairs began to move around their room. I have the feeling every floorboard in their room was loose, because no matter where they were, there was the squeak. Then it would quiet down, I'd start to nod off, then SQUEAKKKK. This kept up until 7:30 AM, by which time my restful night had become teeth-clenching day.

The room was 102, next to the office. I have no idea whether this problem is limited to the room I was in, or occurs in all the downstairs rooms. If it happens in all the rooms, I'd rate the downstairs rooms 2 stars. If the rooms upstairs are similar to the room I was in, I rate them 4 stars as budget hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Go upstairs, of course.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AdirondackBlue
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for an extended period of time on my last trip because of the price, I've now stayed here 7 times over the last 7 months, averaging once a month for several days or more. Like another reviewer, my room didn't have a microwave but the owner brought one to my room when I inquired, that's great service. Also, I noticed another reviewer complaining about the hotel being oversold, my recommendation to that person and others is never book through a reseller like they described, always go directly to the Americas Best Value Inn main web site. I swear I am not an employee or owner, this hotel just does a great job at making you comfortable at the best price around, and I travel extensively, so I give credit only where it is well deserved. The owners live on-sight so they are always around and glad to help if you need something.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PineTravel
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We were expecting little from the website and reviews. Me the manager and he was very helpful.. good wifi.... warned us about an upcoming blizzard in our home area. Room was clean ... strong wifi signal... good heating system... very cold cold and evening..... nice shower and warm water... clean.. we had reserved for a three day stay but by that evening we knew it would be very bad to commute home and Saturday when we were due to leave looked no better.
Talked to the manager on Thursday morning and informed him we had to head home .. he agreed.. cancelled our longer stay and just charged for the evening..

This made for very loyal and happy customers.

Room Tip: no restaurant or pool that we are aware of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 2 November 2012

After finding other hotels exorbitantly overpriced, we selected this hotel & were pleasantly surprised. We were cordially received at the reception desk, the room was very clean & included a fridge. Location was great - not far from restaurants & shopping, etc. Only coffee offered in the morning, however. AAA/CAA card honoured. Would readily stay here again. Great value & price.

Room Tip: If many pieces of luggage, suggest ground floor as no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Please understand this is a discount, no-frills hotel. That said, it is a great deal. The owner Raz lives on-site and is very attentive to any concerns (internet was down, Raz immediately determined a housekeeper accidentally unplugged the router in a storage room). The room I stayed in was extremely clean and everything was brand new: the bed and bedding, the furniture, and carpet. I've stayed several times in the last few months because it's such a good deal. My only recommendation to future lodgers is to request a room away from a smoking room, and not above a smoking room. Maine gets cold in the winter and smokers don't want to go outside, so I'm sure Raz has smoking rooms for business reasons. For the money, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to or above a smoking room, otherwise the rooms I've stayed in were clean an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PineTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Hampton Inn Kennebunk Kennebunkport
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland? Share your experiences!