“Excellent Value and decent location”

Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here on a weekend during the height of tourist season, and quite frankly it was the least expensive place we could find in the area.
The room was basic but immaculately kept. The manager/owner was very helpful and friendly.
The hotel supplies coffee but no continental breakfast or other frills...hence the low price. That was fine with us...
If you need a good clean room without all the extras, this is a great place to stay and excellent value. Free parking and near shopping, loads of restaurants and not far from the ocean.

Room Tip: Take upstairs room if hotel is full...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank McGill_Tripper
Raj P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We thank you for leaving such a nice positive review of our property. We know how busy everyone is today and do appreciate you taking the time.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

First impressions may not always be the most true. When the owner was shocked I checked to see if I hadn't already prepaid & insisted I hadn't, we weren't off on the best foot. The room was clean and had a small dresser which allows for only 1 person to use it. The ordinary second dresser was non-existent and a bare wall was evident. The owner did supply an interesting meal suggestion & must have a sense of humor when I showed him the sign I was carrying. Electrical outlets are mandatory in today's electronic age, but one was so shaky it wouldn't hold a receptacle. This was not an overnight occurrence. Maybe if I would have pre-checked about paying, I would have felt better about the whole experience.

Room Tip: Maybe check to see if all the furniture is there & that all the outlets are usable. This is some...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that I cannot respond to the confusion you said there was regarding a pre-payment or not, because I could not understand what your comment was. But I can tell you that we do only have one dresser and have never found that to be a problem...we are sorry you found that to be an inconvenience. We have plenty of outlets in our rooms, and if one was wiggling, we would have wished you have told us so we could have adjusted it for you. Thank you though for writing a review for us. We do have a nice clean property that we take alot of pride in. We hope you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had reservations but when we got there our room had been given away. The man at the desk said I had called him & cancelled. He said he had called me to confirm, but there were no calls on my cell. While we were in the office, that man actually called my cell & left a message confirming my cancellation. When I looked at the call, I told him the calls have dates & times, did he think we were that stupid? It was a busy weekend, "no vacancy" signs everywhere! He had given away our room, probably at a higher price! NEVER will I stay at this chain of motels!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sparkles350

We are sorry for any misunderstanding, but we would never give our reservations away. We would not be in business if that was our means of doing business. There would be no reason for us to cancel yours only to book another in your place. If the reservation was cancelled then it would be because someone called us to cancel or the credit card company declined your card in which case, we would always call our guest to allow them an alternative form of payment. We are in the hospitality business and treat our guests with the best care. Once again, we do not understand what this complaint was about, perhaps you have us confused with another property, but we have never given our reservations away. Please come back to see us again, if in fact, this was the property you were speaking of. We assure you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This little motel made a nice one-night stay over while on the road. It was basic but very clean. A convenient location to the highway and to local area businesses and dining. After we got on the road the next day, we realized we had left our own pillows in the room. We called the motel office and they were very willing to hold our pillows for us to pick up on our way back down the highway later the next week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was a great place to stay, with very nice rooms, both spacious and comfortable and well managed.
Also close to Old Orchard Beach and nice places to dine. Very accessible to everything.
We highly recommend this nice motel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank subuti
Reviewed 18 May 2013

If you are looking for a basic room and are on a budget, this place will suffice.

We booked this hotel for UNE graduation weekend becuase all hotels fill up and we just wanted an inexpensive hotel.

We like the easy access from the interstate; its a short drive to Biddo, OOB, Saco, UNE, etc.

The gentleman behind the counter was lovely but very busy.

The room lacked some basic ammenities such as a hair dryer, coffee pot, shampoo, conditioner & lotion. The bed was "full" not "queen" sized (54" x 75"). If you are taller than 5'9" you are going to wish the bed was larger. The room also seemed to be under-furnished (only one night stand).

There is coffee in the lobby and Dunkin Donuts is 5 minute walk away.

Overall, a clean and reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Obaminator
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I neede a place to stay near UNE and was really broke this weekend. I stayed at America's Best Value Inn. I had passed it on all of my trips to the area and kept telling myself to stop by and check it out. However I did not. I did read the reviews of other vacationers in the area. I was pleasantly surprised that the motel was very clean. I was very happy about that as I needed to have a back up plan in the area for the times where I needed to visit and did not care about the "extras" such as breakfast and a gym. The place was perfect for this purpose. Again it was very clean and the inn keeper Raj was very nice. I did stay on the first floor which I did find to be a little noisey. My upstairs neighbor walked very heavily and I did hear him. Howevere he did not keep me awake so it turned out fine. I would stay there again. It served it's purpose for a low cost clean room and a hot shower- a perfect pick!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dawn l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Hampton Inn Kennebunk Kennebunkport
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal In...
#34 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland? Share your experiences!