While there are some lodges in the area, this is the only motel in Bingham. Nevertheless, it is a decent choice, well maintained, a friendly greeting by the owners, and spotlessly cleaned (plus a bottle of sparkling cider and peanuts at checkin). We chose a room with 2 queen beds that was supposed to have a view of the river and hills - the hlls are visible, but the river cannot be seen below the road in front of the motel. Rooms are basic - a nice tv, matresses were comfortable, and there were 2 comfortable easy chairs as well as a wooden desk chair. No frig or coffee maker (one unit has a kitchen for extra $) and no clock or radio. The bed box spring did give one funny surprise - noise when moving on the bed, and especially when sitting down they gave a 'whoopie cushion' noise that had us in stitches. The water baseboard heating did clank a bit when it kicked in. The motel was almost deserted when we used it so do not know how sound proofed from other rooms our room was, but from 3am to about 5 am we had plenty of noise from logging trucks rumbling by. Because of that noise, we were tempted to give only 2 stars, but the spotlessness and friendliness pushed us up to 3*. There is a hot tub and outdoor pool available for warmer temps. The owners seem to care for guests and try to maintain the rooms well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOT TUB open year round ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bingham Motor Inn & Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bingham Hotel Sports Complex
- Bingham Motor Inn & Sports Complex Maine