“Nice food and Presentation but overpriced”

Blue Hill Inn Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We're excited to be offering five-course, wine-paired dinners on Monday and Tuesday nights through Labor Day. Brooklin-raised Chef La Mason is returning to the inn for locavore dinners after receiving such a positive response last summer. Chef La has a modern, delicate touch that really showcases local offerings and brings an amazing eye for detail to each plate. Blue Hill Wine Shop pairs wine for the dinners, offering satisfying selections sure to please. Check our Facebook page for the current menu and call right away for reservations. Dinner begins at 6:30pm.
Blue Hill, Maine
“Nice food and Presentation but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

The atmosphere is a cute Bed and Breakfast and is quite charming. The food was good but nothing special. I was underwhelmed when I received my check and realized how much i'd spent on the meal.

Visited April 2013

Chicago
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. We were in town for the night, and wanted to eat somewhere special. I had read the reviews, and thought it was worth a shot. They didn't have a menu online, and I was a little nervous. I'm the type A planning sort, and I was concerned that such a small place may have a limited menu. I called the night before, and they gave me an idea of what they were serving, and it sounded delicious. And it was! They had quite a variety, 3-4 appetizers, at least 5 entrees, and several desserts, even a good wine list for such a small location. It was such a unique experience. It was small and intimate, but not the tiny dining room I envisioned at an inn. There were at least 10-12 tables in a quite, nicely decorated back room of the inn. It was a lovely atmosphere.

The food was incredible. We are from Chicago, and have eaten at many delicious restaurants in the area, and while traveling. This is on par or better than any meal we've ever had. We had delicious steamed mussels for an appetizer, my husband had the lobster ravioli (I sampled it: yum), and I had the duck with cranberry orange glaze and an apricot squash puree which the most fantastic thing I have eaten in a very long time. The dessert was delicous as well.

Overall, I was more than impressed. If we did not live a thousand miles away, I would be back there as often as I could afford (and though somewhat expensive, it was much less than a comparable meal in Maine or anywhere else).

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank ChicagoRory
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
“Truly Wonderful Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We have had 4 memorable dinners at this restaurant over the last two years and all were superb.
We are lucky to have a summer home in a nearby town but enjoy coming to the Blue Hill Inn above any others.
The oyster medley appetizer is always satisfying. We have had just about everything that is usually on the menu. We missed twice the local beef which is said to be amazing.
Lobster ravioli is very tender.
Desserts are irresistible and not to be missed.
Parking is quite easy on the street.

Boxford, Massachusetts
“The best dinner of my vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Blue Hill Inn, so thought it would be easiest to make a reservation for dinner there as well. We made the mistake of eating a late lunch on our way there and seriously considered canceling our evening meal. We are so glad we didn't. We ate at some very upscale restaurants on our trip up the coast (Fore Street, Primo, La Bella Vita), all of which were excellent.....but my lobster ravioli at Blue Hill surpassed them all. Everything was so fresh and creative. In addition, the atmosphere was relaxing and the service impeccable. Very pleased we kept our reservation.

Heredia, Costa Rica
“Great Maine breakfast to enjoy with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We met up with some friends who were staying at this Inn for breakfast this past August and boy, what a treat it was! We wished we had stayed there! It was all in the details. From the table setting, lovely bathroom with cute cloth hand towels, fresh local ingredients in our food, pleasant server and hand written bill on stationary. Lovely, well priced for the quality and atmosphere not stuffy but, very pleasant. Looking forward to staying there in the future hopefully!