“Five-stars!”

Arborvine
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: House in a fully renovated 1823 Cape in Blue Hill, Maine, Arborvine opened its doors in July of 2000. Family owned, Arborvine has consistently been offering fresh, locally sourced and thoughtfully prepared fare for nearly two decades.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine, United States
“Five-stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

You will not be disappointed! The food is absolutely decadent without being soaked in buttery sauces, starches, salt. Each meal at The Arborvine is delicately prepared with detailed attention to the entire dining experience. The visual presentation and taste of each dinner is only heightened by the elegant ambiance and flawless service, from the delightful hostess to our attentive, but not 'hovering' waitress. I so wish this restaurant was closer to Portland! ~Definitely one of my favorites!

• Visited September 2013

Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Arborvine is the best restaurant within at least a 15 mile radius.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Arborvine is a great gem of a restaurant in the picturesque town of Blue Hill, Maine. While the portions are small, the use of primarily local ingredients assures the freshest possible preparations and usually consistent and delicious entrees. The service can be variable, and though there is occasionally a slight arrogance in the servers, a case could be made that given the lack of available good restaurants, it's warranted??? Overall, a lovely evening.

2 Thank D M
MaineUSA
“Excellent Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Last week we were on our annual sailing trip up to Penobscot Bay and stopped in Bucks Harbor. My brother and his wife picked us up and took us into Blue Hill. When we saw the number of cars in the parking lot we were concerned about getting a table as we didn't have a reservation. Fortunately we got the last one. I had a very well mixed Manhattan. I had the pate as an appetizer which was excellent along with the main dish, the rack of lamb. The other three diners all had the halibut which they raved about. The place had a nice atmosphere and considering that the place was full, the service was both good and courteous. As other reviewers have noted the place isn't cheap, but we felt we received our moneys' worth.

Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Gem of a restaurant in Blue Hill, Me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Collocated with a brew pub, we started there with some local beer. At the restaurant, every choice sounded great, but we went with halibut and duck. Food was cooked perfectly, fresh, local, and delicious.

Visited July 2013
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Pretentious ! Absolutely nothing good about the meal or the service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had gone here last year and did an excellent review on this restaurant so this is why I went back again while I was in Maine this year. We had made a reservation for 4 for 8 o clock. We go there a bit before 8 and the hostess aid our table is not quite ready so we waited outside on the terrace and ordered drinks. Now this was a very odd. My husband asked for club soda cranberry juice and bitters and lime slice. It came out with no cranberry juice as water was not even pink and the club soda was flat and a lemon instead of a lime and no bitters. It was also warm, as was mine which was a martini. When our table finally was ready at 8:40!!! (way too long a wait I believe) we had to wait another 15 minutes for our waitress to come over with drinks. We then all ordered what we wanted and again my husband drink came out with no lime and flat club soda and while I had asked for ice on the side I never got it so it was another warm martini. One of the people we were with is allergic to garlic so she asked ow some dishes were prepared so she would know what she could eat. We again waited for another 15 minutes and when the waitress came back she just wanted to take our order and she had not asked the chef about the garlic in some of the recipes. So off she went again. When she did come back we were able to order and also ordered a bottle of wine. I ordered a filet mignon that came with a reduction burgandy sauce on a bed of goat cheese. I asked the waitress if I could have this prepared sans goat cheese and she said "Yes" My husband ordered the halibut and asked if it was a thick piece and again she said 'Yes"The other two people ordered scallops and cornish game hen.We ordered a *classic Caesar salad and for the life of me, I have NEVER had a Caesar that had olives and tomatoes and onions and so much mustard but no croutons or cheese.Where the heck did the CLASSIC CAESAR COME FROM???When our wine arrived it was the wrong one, so we had to send that back and when our drinks came ,one more time I got a warm martini no ice and husband could somehow not convey to the waitress that he wanted club soda with cranberry juice and a lime and a dash of bitters. She finally was smug and brought over a glass with club soda a small jigger of cranberry juice and a bitters bottle (no lime lemon or ice) The club soda never had a fizz and was so flat who the heck would want to drink it! When our dinners arrived mine was completely covered in sauce and I had a bite and did not like it but did not say much as the meal had been so bad all around that why even complain anymore.My husband did not like his halibut (thin and dry )and it had bread crumbs on it and was when we usually have it is blackened in a pan with a crust.My friends scallops were so covered in a red pepper sauce that she did not like hers as the sauce was too over powering. Out other friend who ordered the cornish game hen said his was good. My husband asked me why I was not eating mine and I said it tasted funny to me so he tried it and YUP after moving all that sauce off the meat it was sitting on a bed of GOAT CHEESE which I particularly asked to not have! I mean this is a place that is expensive!
Our meal for four was four hundred dollars!
I did not order dessert but I ordered coffee and the water was barely warm.
Food bad drinks not done correctly and service not good..
A waste of money... a waste of time.. Not going back..

4 Thank Polly N