“A destination restaurant for yachtsmen- so good it seems normal- but reserve ahead”
Review of Arborvine

Arborvine
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: House in a fully renovated 1823 Cape in Blue Hill, Maine, Arborvine opened its doors in July of 2000. Family owned, Arborvine has consistently been offering fresh, locally sourced and thoughtfully prepared fare for nearly two decades.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Yachtsmen can come to the town float two hours before or after high tide only and walk up to the restaurant. The service is friendly and accommodating (ask for what you want and you probably will get it) I had a crispy roast 1/2 duck with sauce which was as good as it gets. 5 *****

1  Thank SMAfederico

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a long weekend in Maine to attend the wedding of a friend. How lucky we were to sneak in a romantic dinner! The ambience, service, and food were exactly as we had hoped. The local halibut and wine paring were particularly superb.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been to Arborvine several times, either as a couple, as a family, or in larger groups. Every time it is a pleasure and the food is always excellent.
Our most recent visit was just my wife and me for our anniversary. perhaps it was the occasion that made it special, or perhaps the choice of dishes, but there was no doubt that this was an outstanding meal and the best that we have had at Arborvine to date.
We are looking out for something else to celebrate so that we can go there again!

1  Thank markandbessaway
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have dined her countless time over many years. Food is always good. Staff is very friendly. Can get a bit crowded occasionally. The filet over goat cheese is one of my favorites. Many local foods are used in the preparation of the meal.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have lived in the Blue Hill area for years and have been going to Arborvine whenever the evening calls for something special. This is the restaurant I tell my cottage guests to go to if they want a truly lovely dinner in a wonderful classic atmosphere. I always take my parents and in-laws here. The biggest surprise for me lately is that they have a vegetarian plate that is fabulous! The vegetables are grown locally and organically and the flavor reflects the care and skill of the local growers. This is an experience worth having whether you are a vegetarian or not. Though it is not specifically on the menu, just ask. I highly recommend this wonderful local restaurant.

1  Thank BonnieBlueHillMaine