“Not so good”

Fish Net
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 21 July 2013

In a word: underwhelming. Food is bland and below average. Service okay but not very friendly. Keep driving - there are better drive-ins the area.

There are newer reviews for Fish Net

Reviewed 25 June 2013

As residents of Blue Hill my daughter and I were more than happy to go support The Fish Net on their 30th birthday celebration. Upon arriving, we both stepped up to the window to order our ice creams with a cheery "Happy Birthday" only to be received by a stone faced girl with no response. Awkward to say the least. We ordered our ice creams only to have the dish practically slid out of the window at us and minus the chocolate sprinkles that we asked and paid for. I nicely reminded her that we had both ordered chocolate sprinkles. She took the ice cream back, put rainbow sprinkles on it and slid it back out the window asking for another $1.00 that was already included the first time we paid. She took the $1.00, walked away, made the 2nd ice cream, again put rainbow(not chocolate) sprinkles on it and handed it to us. At that point there was no reason to ask again for the correct sprinkles. The end result was $7.00(!) for two small ice creams that weren't what was ordered. Someone wasn't having much fun at that birthday :-(

1  Thank Poptaht
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have lived in the area all my life, Fish net is a staple here. However their prices for a drive-in are way overpriced. You will be charged fine dining prices for deep fried seafood, fries, onion rings and ice cream. Over the years we have gone from dining here weekly for lunch, dinner & dessert to now only ice cream cones for the kids on occasion. At last glance of their menu board kids meals started at over $7!??? We are talking hot dogs or grilled cheese here. Crazy. There are many new eateries moving in to Blue Hill and I think Fish Net will need to rethink things to stay in business. You are a drive in. Serve good food at good prices and you will do a good business.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

You have traveled to an upscale oasis in rural Maine. The Fish Net, of course, has the finest seafood, especially fried, cooked with great care, when a minute makes a difference. And fairly priced for the quality of the seafood, especially the fish and chips at the low-end and clams of fantastic quality in the middle. But this restaurant accomodates most palates, with many choices of non-seafood items with the same quality ingredients and cooking care. And so many interesting choices on the children’s menu! High quality coffee and iced tea for a reasonable price, too . And choices for sandwiches and hamburgers also reasonable, such as the grilled cheese sandwich or steak and peppers sandwich.
Yes, you will have paper plates and plastic utensils. The trained(!), young servers will treat you like locals with care and concern if you can grab an inside table.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The most overpriced, tasteless guck that I have found in Maine. Short of the mex in Ellsworth. I took my daughter (5) there for a quick lunch stop, $36, an 40 minutes later we had food that he refused to eat, saying it was too disgusting, and I had the worst fish and chips that I have ever been served. But I will say, if you like tasteless, salt less, loveless, slimy grease soaked food. This may be just the place for you.

3  Thank Apok67