“Excellent artisan chocolatier”

Black Dinah Chocolatiers Tasting Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Blue Hill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Black Dinah uses sustainably grown single-origin chocolates. We combine these exquisite chocolates with locally produced ingredients we’ve gathered from a network of farms in Maine.
“Excellent artisan chocolatier”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I make it a point to seek out artisan food producers on any trips, especially if the food is chocolate. I had to visit Black Dinah Chocolatiers while in Maine on our family trip. I had the pleasure of meeting Kate while making my chocolate selections. Everything I've had has been wonderful, and I can tell there was a lot of care in making them. The shop itself was adorable, and my mocha that I took along with me was fantastic as well. I did go out of my way to stop in Blue Hill, and I would encourage everyone to do the same.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kim H

Columbus, Ohio
“Chocolates...and ice cream”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Both are wonderful... the boutique candy is pricey of course, but expected. Loved the old wood floors and shared space with little florist shop, and the old fashioned counter with swivel stools and unique ice cream flavors- Peruvian dark chocolate, honey vanilla, a dozen more.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Brendastarshine
Charlestown, Rhode Island
“Sea salt chocolate!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

First off, I love this florist shop too! It's a funky little place, friendly with cats! The Black Dinah Chocolates I love! They really are a special treat. We arrived just before closing and the service was still lovely and helpful. We were giddy with excitement there and I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ReneBene
Shaftsbury, VT
“Hot chocolate to die for”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Folks I can honestly say I have never ever had a better cup of hot chocolate. Their candy is delicious as well. Old time settings including an old luncheon counter. Service was fast and friendly. Highly recommend stopping by if you have the opportunity.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sean S
Rochester, NY
“You will have to fight me for the Blueberry-Black Pepper Truffles”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Best. Chocolate. Ever. Anywhere. Period.

(This reviewer ate at the Isle au Haut location). Climb Black Dinah mountain for the amazing view, and then reward yourself with chocolate truffles. You won't be sorry!

• Visited August 2013