“Great food but horrific service”
Review of The De-Li - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The De-Li
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We came at 230pm, half an hour before they close. Half of my party didn't order food because they felt the counter service was so surly and stressful. I got a sandwich since I was hungry and didn't care at that point. The sandwich was amazing- pastrami Reuben, very thinly sliced. We had to sit outside since it was just too stressful inside. However we had a great laugh at the service was so bad it was funny....I was coming out with a drink in each hand and one of the servers went out before me and didn't hold the door...shutting it on my face and causing me to spill half my sodas. I think the server may have been pretty inexperienced, she also didn't know the price of a regular coffee. So, take this for what it's worth. But I definitely won't be going back.

2  Thank mainereason

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We recently had breakfast here and found it to be delightful and delicious, eggs fried just like Grammie used to. Crispy not-too-salty bacon, wonderful artisan bread It was so ggod we went back for lunch a couple of days later and had another good meal, chicken salad really nice. We plan to go back regularly. Nice people.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

De-Li has got a small menu however there is something for everyone and, if they have the ingredients, they'll make what you want to order. If you like paninis you'll like this place. They also have nice salads and always seem to have a soup.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Good selection of sandwiches, coffee, and snacks. Simple menu. We've never eaten inside at the few small tables as we've taken our orders to go. In the heart of Blue Hill Village, which can be good or bad depending on season and whom you ask. (Busy in the summer with limited parking).