“nice”

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Family run and cozy. I had a fun talking with the owner and her brother - in - law. Rooms are neat, tidy and very comfortable. Private setting with lots of local color, learned as much about the area as I was willing to ask for.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend and I went here for dinner and were expecting a little more out of this restaurant then we got. We both had dry plain salads that sounded much better on paper than they were in reality. For diner I had the vegetarian chili which had a nice combination of carrots and chickpeas. I would not go back here given the option.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I love the Barncastle. It's a beautiful building in a charming setting. I usually order the Thai salad but I've had the pizza and the bread sticks too. Everything I've had was excellent. The wait staff couldn't be nicer.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We always order the same pizza, even though we keep making plans to try something else, but the Portabella-Rosemary is Sooo good( on spelt or regular crust )that it is hard to give it up. My friend likes the lasagne a lot. The Barncastle salad or the apple blue cheese one is great too. We sometimes share a small pizza and have salads, a great meal! The bar is small but cozy with a fireplace and, as I mentioned, the bartender, Cameron, is the best!! We ate at the bar just to chat with him while he steamed and polished the wine glasses! That is a class act. The staff there is friendly and attentive, though summer evenings are sometimes a bit too busy for their best service.
This is also a fantastic event place. I have been to several private parties there, but the last one was the best, great appetizers always being circulated (fantastic oysters!) with plenty of room to move around even with a good size crowd.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I wanted to go to a cozy place with a fireplace and I did! The service was wonderful, they even added another log on the fire for me! The food was very good and we all had a wonderful time and great beer!