“Great Easy Coastal Walk”

Oven's Mouth Preserve
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Boothbay
More attraction details
Owner description: A great place for easy hiking trails and picnics for family fun.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This walk is easy enough for my older mother and enjoyable for me and my brother (in our early 30s). It's fairly quick, but you get a lot of nice views. Good for dogs as well. I wouldn't go when it's wet, but even in the winter it's nice.

2  Thank Gwyneth F
There are newer reviews for Oven's Mouth Preserve

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The water-facing trails are lovely, and it's cool to watch the tide come in and out. We didn't catch the lady-slippers that are supposed to bloom in the spring. No facilities, but a couple of benches and plenty of ground to sit on if you pack in your lunch.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

make sure you bring the bug spray if you go later in the day. We were able to hike both sides. Trails are pretty well marked, but get just a little confusing. Easy hike. We were glad to have a water bottle with us.

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I I hiked both the East (1.1 miles) and West (1.75 miles) sides - beautiful, easy hike. Wonderful views. Very peaceful. Mosquitos weren't bad. A hidden gem in Boothbay Harbor. No porta-potty.

2  Thank craftydameMaine
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Took kayaks from Barter Island to Oven's Mouth...perfect day trip! Brought a picnic and enjoyed the view, the weather and the eagles nests!

1  Thank sweetpea92