“Underwhelming”
Review of White Anchor Inn

White Anchor Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Boothbay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Not what we expected. The pictures and description on the website did not match what we found when we got there. The rooms are old and worn and had an unpleasant odor. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. I may have slept an hour that night. There was a light right outside of our room that was on all night. The walls were so thin that guests in the next room could be heard clearly. On the positive side, the owner and staff were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Can't beat the price. Rooms are on the older side but the beds are nice and the whole inn is very clean. And to top it off the towels are extremely soft. The internet is a bit fickle but that might have been caused by the bad weather we were having. They just opened there bar a couple weeks ago. Small but nice my only complaint is that they don't carry any bud products. The inn is only 2-3 miles from everything and if you need directions the staff is more then happy to help you out with that and anything you need. They make you feel like family. Could not have asked for nicer people. I will be visiting Boothbay again and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A lovely place. Good rates, the buildings are wearing just a bit, but the rooms were clean, the decor new and fresh, the view from our private deck soothing. The owner was very helpful even when I had to change my room type to accomodate an extra person. She was welcoming and informative and when the guest in the room next door locked himself out of his room, I called the front desk for him and she came right down without delay. My neice & I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

my family and i had stayed at the white anchor inn and we were so happy we did all the other motels in boothbay and boothbay harbor prices were over the top the owner made us feel like her place was are home they are so kind and nice and try to make our stay the best kind the rooms were clean and nice everthing was just right if we ever need a place to stay in boothbay maine again we will stay at the white anchor inn and only there if you ever go to boothbay or boothbay harbor and want to stay over night stay there the owner will make you feel at home thank you white anchor inn for that lovely stay and my family and i will see you again if ever we need a place to stay

Room Tip: i stay at a lot of places and i find that chain are not always the best place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were welcomed by the very friendly owner when we checked in and told that we had been upgraded for our stay. The room we were allocated was nicely furnished and decorated. The owner has not had the property long and is still in the process of refurbishing it but the work done so far indicates a good attention to detail. The carpet was new and the decor simple but in keeping with the style. The room was clean and fresh. The beds extremely comfortable. Coffee is served in the guest lounge. When we were there we had a long conversation with the friendly owner who treats guests well. The room was out of range of the Wi-Fi but that was not an issue because I could always move to the guest lounge if I needed it. The shower is the most powerful I have ever experienced and probably cleans by pressure without the use of soap!
We were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter, have a small decks overlooking a field and woodland.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TnTUk
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Quiet location a mile out of town. Heavy tourist destination. Good to miss crowd.
Town unbelievable shops, sea food and picturest sunsets and lighthouses.
Pick restaurants with outdoor seating, facing to West with banks of clouds ready to light up the sky and harbor. I took a series of I pad photos that caught the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen. Wish I could share a picture with my report.

Room Tip: Second row further from road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Although this motel was overall quite nice, with renovated rooms and a decent location, there were a couple of disappointments. One, the room does not have a refrigerator or a microwave. My mother and I spent a week in Maine staying at similar hotels and all of them had at least a refrigerator. This was great, because my mom and I save money on our trip by having our own food, including breakfast with milk and sandwiches, and sometimes dinner, using the microwave. Not here! Another disappointment was the fact that the wireless Internet, which is advertised, was basically nonexistent in the room. We asked about it at the desk and were told that wireless was available in the main building and only during certain hours. During our stay in Maine, we were able to watch Netflix on my mom's computer every night, but we could not do this at this place because there was no Internet. As I said, it was a good little motel but if you are specifically looking for someplace where you can stay for a while and do at least a little cooking with the microwave or keep the refrigerator or use the Internet, this isn't the place.

• Stayed: September 2013

Been to White Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!