“Great Food - Fine Service”

Kitchen Garden Cafe at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Boothbay
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Food - Fine Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have had lunch here several times - a break from exploring the gardens which are the real reason for visiting this wonderful botanic paradise. The food at the cafe is really fine. You can sit inside or outside. The menu choices are straightforward - soups, salads, and sandwiches mainly - and all that we ordered were well prepared and tasty - just what you would hope as part of a well-run operation. If you plan to visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens - and YOU SHOULD - include lunch and you will be happy you did.

Visited August 2014

Front Royal, Virginia
“Restful Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Restful surroundings for a tasty meal is a nice part of the gardens experience. Courtesy staff makes you feel like it's your garden.

Visited July 2014
Florida
“Tasty fare at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Cafe is pleasant and menu is mostly salads and sandwiches. Among us we sampled the ham and cheese panini, a roast beef sandwich, and a chicken salad sandwich. The sandwich came with just a pickle, but was tasty. Service was a bit slow, but perhaps to be expected on a busy day. We got there around 11:30 which was smart as it filled up quickly.

Visited July 2014
West Deptford, New Jersey
“Perfect ending to a beautiful morning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I took visiting family members to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. It was an unusually warm day and after a morning of viewing the many flower displays and sculptures, it felt good to go into the air conditioned visitors center. Usually I take my visitors to the harbor for lunch, but because everyone was hot and tired, we decided to try the Kitchen Garden Cafe.

It was my first time in the Cafe and I was pleasantly surprised. My family got huge sandwiches on wonderfully fresh bread. I got the Maine salad with blueberries and almonds. I asked for a boiled egg on my salad just for some extra protein. Our waitress was very accommodating and checked several times to see if everything was good with our meal. Besides having a wonderful lunch,
the view of the gardens was spectacular. It was a great day that ended with a terrific lunch!

Oh yes, because there is also outdoor seating, this Is a great place for kids.

• Visited July 2014
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful and Fresh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The menu was varied - with sandwiches, salads and plenty of small plate items.
There were specials that my companions chose. I had a salad and it was delicious.
The strawberry rhubard pie was a winner, too.

• Visited June 2014