“Breathtaking”

3-Day New England Country Christmas
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Boothbay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is a natural wonder on 270 acres of shorefront in mid-coast Maine. Strolling through spectacular ornamental gardens and traversing miles of waterfront and woodland trails, visitors are delighted by the beautiful plantings, impressive stonework, waterfalls and fountains, and scenic views. It's no wonder the Gardens have been hailed as one of Maine's top three attractions. The Gardens are open 9-5 April 15 - October 31 (open until 6 pm in July and August). There is a cafe and gift shop on site. A visit at any time is a memorable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Central NH
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a must see when visiting the Boothbay region.

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“To Quote my wife...This is the most beautiful place I've ever seen!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We visited the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in July 2011. Once we got through the busy admissions building.....it was crowded and busy....we took a self guided tour starting with the children's area. Since my wife is a elementary school principle she was delighted to see this display and took several ideas home to try and use them at her school. As we walked through the miles of trails that line the gardens .....My wife exclaimed...."This is the most beautiful place I've ever seen!" I was so happy that we could share this moment and place together.

Visited July 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Art, Gardens, Walking, and Aroma all in one place”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I almost did not go with my friends to this attraction because it cost $12.00. It was worth $20+. Where can you go to see stunning sculpture, enjoy the ubiquitous aroma of pine trees, see unbelievable gardens, and include a very nice hike with places to stop and mediate? This is the place. The children's area was the best and most thoughtfully designed botanical gardens I have ever visited.

Congratulations to the designers of this garden who enticed all of our senses in one beautiful garden. It made me think that the Garden of Eden must had been spectacular!

1 Thank Dianadean
Ellsworth, Maine
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!!! So worth the visit”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My Aunt and Mom are both gardeners and this was high on their to do list. It was our favorite part of the weekend. These gardens are so beautiful. Lots of walking but rides available around the lot in different spots to take you back to the main point. Will definitely go again!!!

Aiken, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Don't Miss”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

It is hard to belive what they have done in only a few years; First class all the way. It's now on our 'to do every year list". And don't miss their great little cafe.

1 Thank CatcherAiken_SC