Beach Cove Waterfront Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$124
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$142
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Agoda.com
Fisherman's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
Hotels.com
Linekin Bay Resort(Boothbay Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Seagate Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
Brown's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree canoesbeautiful lakerow boatcontinental breakfastsmall poolfresh muffinsprivate balconyoutdoor fireplaceshort drivehuge roomquiet areacoffee makergreat viewfire pitevery morningbed was comfortabledowntown boothbay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2010

It has been two years since my last trip to Main, and I returned to Beach Cove Hotel with my family, as promised. Wow, they wasted no time to remodel every room on both floors! By far, our room was the cleanest and decorated nicely; the view from the room takes your breath away! Not at all pretentious, the hotel is an idyllic place to stay with plenty to do without ever leaving the grounds. My family spent our days on the lake swimming, fishing, canoeing. The weather cooperated; my son enjoyed the pool, my wife and I went for long walks. I'm mostly impressed with the friendliness of the staff; they were attentive to all questions and requests we had. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank F_Fujita
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I went this past week and the hotel was dead, only 6 cars in the entire lot, so it was quiet. The room was sufficient for an one night stay to get to Acadia National Park. The view from the hotel room could have been better (explained later) overlooking the calm harbor waters. The complementary breakfast consisted of muffins and danishes, nothing exciting.

On to why I gave only 3 stars...I requested for room 14 which is suppose to be a balcony king bed with a great UNOBSTRUCTED view of the waters (see picture). When I got to the hotel, they told me my room was being painted and that I would not want to stay in a room with fresh paint smell, so we were switched for room 10. It was the same balcony king room but with the pool right in your balcony site. Of all the rooms available, they put us in this room. Then to find out in the morning, they had given the room I requested for a month in advance to someone else. I saw the two guests come out of my room with my own eyes.

I tried to confront the lying management and they were nowhere to be found. The office opens at 8AM, but no one was there even at 815AM. They were apparently still sleeping in one of the hotel rooms upstairs. The housekeeper did not speak English and took my keys and told me to leave. I tried getting a receipt and they could not furnish one because the manager was still sleeping.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
MyrtleBeachAndy67, Manager at Beach Cove Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2010

When the guest makes a reservation, hotel can only guaranty the type of the room, but can not guaranty the room number. However at the end of the season at the guest specific request for the certain room number we will do our best to accommodate the guest.
As for the second remark- manager arrives before 8 A.M. to oversee preparation of breakfast , check on the room availability and schedule seasonal maintenance. But can be paged to the office by any employee at any time by guest request. In this particular situation the room #14 has been scheduled for the paint touch up and seasonal maintenance. When the room was done and air out, it has been rented later on.
Unfortunately in this case guest made a reservation by himself from online and never called to request a certain room number.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Very close to "downtown" Bootbay, but secluded on a quiet lakefront with boating privileges included - with a small island, fun to explore with kids. Run by a family who takes pride in making the best of your stay: good coffee, tasty muffins in the morning, help with directions, restaurant recommendations... Great remodeled comfortable rooms. Excellent lobsters just around the corner! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Anna_De
Reviewed 15 August 2010

My partner and I stayed two nights in June. We wish we had stayed the entire week! Even though Ogunquit and Bar Harbor were nice, this location was magical. From the clean space to the beautiful balcony, we couldn't have asked for a better room! The drive into town isn't bad, either. And the seating areas next to the lake are extremely relaxing. We enjoyed watching the birds fly in and out. We even told the owners (amazingly nice!) it was like watching an airport, minus the noise. We will return. This hotel has to be a secret due to the low costs. We had the pleasure of seeing Suzy Boggus at the Boothbay Harbor Opera House. What a memorable two days...And we even made a new friend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

When we first stayed five years ago, we brought our kids and dog. This time we just brought one another. This is a dream location for the cost. Select room 23 (our anniversary date) for the absolute best view. The room is huge and spartan, but then the idea is to get out and enjoy Boothbay. Momma D's is the perfect breakfast walk away. Play in the crazy nice sea salt pool or take one of the complimentary boats on to the beautiful cove/bay (life vest included). Adirondack chairs on the lawn await a quiet moment with a good book. Yes, we will be back, but I hate telling you that for fear of not getting a room then.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple