“Needs Improvement”

Hometown Convenience
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I thought I would give this place a try for lunch - I waited nearly 4 minutes while a woman worked behind the counter - not even noticing my presence, while a cell phone on the counter rang several times and finally another phone rang that prompted her to come out and tell me to wait as she took the call.

When she finally got to me I ordered a simple roast beef sandwich with Mayonnaise - she asked me if I wanted it on any bread ... I didn't just want a pile of roast beef so I said I wanted it on a long roll. I did not want the onions, pickles, peppers, tomatoes and cheese -- if this was a pizza all of those would all be at an extra cost.

About 5 minutes later the sandwich comes and I am charged the same amount as if I had it loaded with all the extras - they said there was just one price. So much for the pizza topping analogy!

I noticed the sandwich felt pretty light and in the car I opened the sandwich to find it quite lacking in the amount of roast beef and no mayo. Having invested nearly 20 minutes and not wanting to wait another undetermined amount of time I just went to the local grocery store, bought roast beef and mayo and reconstructed the sandwich when I got home.

The local Irving Gas Station sells sandwiches at half the price of this place and their sandwiches contain about double the filling.

I wanted to try one of their pizzas this past week but was told they shut down their ovens at 7:30 PM on Fridays.

If you are looking for a quick sandwich - My advice - just go to the Irving station. You will be in and out faster, will save some $$$ and you will get a much better value.

This place needs to reconsider their business model - if they even have one. Often constructive feedback prompts a business owner to take action - let's hope this place does just that as there is a lot of room for improvement. This place could be a hidden gem like some other establishments around the area and considering their [off the beaten path] location they should be working harder to exceed peoples expectations and to gain a reputation that makes people want to return.

I sincerely hope they step up to meet that challenge - soon!.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was recommended to us by a local artist and she was right. The pizza was absolutely delicious and the staff was warm and friendly.

Hometown C, Owner at Hometown Convenience, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

We always enjoy hearing the word, "delicious" from our patrons! My staff takes a lot of pride in putting out good products. As the owner I can't thank you enough for your "warm and friendly" comment about the staff. I try to tell them regularly, they are doing a great job! It honestly means so much more coming from the patrons!
Thank you for taking the time to give the staff such a nice review.

Corey "Bo Bo"

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Stopped in to grab a sandwich to share. Seems pretty clean and nice worker. Took way too long to make a simple sandwich. We had ordered a large turkey and the woman confirmed that we wanted turkey, cheese, lettuce, and mustard on the whole sandwich and then pickles and onions on one half. Opened up the sandwich at the park and although it was nicely cut in half, the one with pickles and onions also had olives. Then the other half had onions, peppers, olives, pickles and tomato. Not even close to what we had ordered and only two pieces of turkey. Worst part it was on a footlong hot dog roll.

Hometown C, Owner at Hometown Convenience, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

First of all I am sorry you had a disappointing experience. I do appreciate your review. We do our best to be accurate and timely. I'm not sure why but we obviously missed on both of those accounts in your case, I do apologize. I will be sure to use this review as a learning tool to address with my staff. Please try us out another time.

Corey "Bo Bo"

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Corey and staff are friendly, prompt and make delicious food. My favorites are the BBQ chicken pizza and the steak and cheese sandwich.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I've had pizza from all over, and this is by far one of the best pizza places around, the bbq chicken is a favorite but the meat lovers is the absolute best. Their friendly, quick and the quality is excellent, they don't spare the toppings either.

1  Thank TnBB