We had an absolutely fabulous 5 days at Spruce Point Inn. We have one teenager and one 12 year old. The resort worked perfectly for the age of our children. We simply loved the setting. The view out over the water was magnificent. Our room was extra large. We had a small kitchenette, which worked for the few days we were there. There are so many great restaurants that we hardly used the kitchenette. Two very comfortable queen beds and a sofa bed that was quite comfortable. We booked late so we couldn't get an ocean view but really it wasn't a problem at all. We backed on to the area where we could play badminton etc. The kids just loved that green area to play on. Every night was very quiet apart from the last night when we could clearly hear the neighbors conversation. But that stopped by about 11pm. ANDREW, who is working there for the summer, was amazing. Always a big smile and helped us with everything we needed! Thank you Andrew. The staff was very helpful and kind. We walked into town a couple times. Easy walk if your children aren't too young. We didn't find time to take the launch but it is a lovely boat. Sadly I have one complaint to make and that is about the restaurant service. We went into the restaurant late afternoon to see if we could get a table for later in Bogies. The lady said they were busy until 8pm. So we booked a table for 8.30pm. On arrival there was no table available and they quickly set up a high top right next to the door and the bar. I was not happy with this, as I had been looking forward to a nice meal there on our last evening. We asked to be moved but were definitely told by the bartender that we should not feel bad about this table as we class high tops as part of the restaurant. I told her she needed to listen to what I was saying and that I was not happy sitting there. I would have preferred to have been told they had no room, as we could then have gone to a nice restaurant in town, as opposed to squeezing us in. The manager then came along and was immediately rude to my husband. He said "were you the person who called me and then didn't turn up"?? (we were not this person). I couldn't believe that he was being aggressive to us! All we had done was book a table for a certain time and arrived and found there was no such table. We would even have waited longer for a better table! The manager then said "well do you want me to ask people to move so you can have their table?" in a very rude and condescending manner. After this I said I was not prepared to eat there and left. My husband stayed and ate with our two children. They did move them to another table but really the evening was ruined. Also my husband said the service was extremely slow. My main concern with this situation was that the manager was rude and handled the situation so very badly. We were really looking forward to a lovely dinner together on our last evening in a place that had made us so happy. BUT anyway we would definitely return to Spruce Point. Overall we had an absolutely fabulous time and if we hadn't made the mistake of booking a table at the restaurant I would only have had fabulous things to say about the resort. Don't let the restaurant situation deter you. This resort is in a place of such beauty that you will not regret it. We will definitely be back and we hope to see Andrew again there next summer! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MAINE'S CLASSIC OCEANSIDE RESORT A Condé Nast 'Top 20 Northeast Resort' and Downeast Magazine 'Best Hotel/Resort in Maine', Spruce Point Inn is exactly what most guests picture when they think of an oceanside resort in Maine. For more than 125 years, the Inn has attracted travelers from across the United States and provided a refreshing backdrop for families and friends to create 'treasured oceanside memories made in Maine'. On a private 100 acre peninsula on the ocean overlooking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor and Burnt Island Lighthouse, the Spruce Point Inn is an ideal venue for memorable reunions, seaside weddings, romantic getaways and business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Point Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Spruce Point Resort
- Spruce Point Inn Resort And Spa Boothbay Harbor, Maine