Our son got married at SPI this past June and other than the spectacular view, we were very disappointed in our 3 night stay on the property. We experienced much of the same as other reviewers-slow service or no service at all, inexperienced and incompetent staff. For a very expensive resort, the customer service was extremely poor, and it was not worth the high price we paid. Several guests had issues with their rooms-fresh paint odor, which was overwhelming for a guest with asthma, trouble with air conditioning, no bell/luggage service, no wood for cottage fire places, no maid service for many rooms on the day of the wedding,which meant no clean towels for most of our wedding guests, no phone service, etc. Our son and his fiance were assigned 3 different wedding planners, so several very important details for the reception were overlooked, which was extremely embarrassing. I did give them the opportunity to make things right when I wrote a very detailed letter to the two inn keepers and general manager, and all I received back was a "thank you for your input-we'll keep your points in mind for future training..." I have called the general manager twice, but have yet to hear back from her after leaving a 2nd message. Several guests filled out comment cards, but they have yet to hear from the innkeepers as well. I recommend looking at other places to stay while you are visiting Boothbay Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MAINE'S CLASSIC OCEANSIDE RESORT A Condé Nast 'Top 20 Northeast Resort' and Downeast Magazine 'Best Hotel/Resort in Maine', Spruce Point Inn is exactly what most guests picture when they think of an oceanside resort in Maine. For more than 125 years, the Inn has attracted travelers from across the United States and provided a refreshing backdrop for families and friends to create 'treasured oceanside memories made in Maine'. On a private 100 acre peninsula on the ocean overlooking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor and Burnt Island Lighthouse, the Spruce Point Inn is an ideal venue for memorable reunions, seaside weddings, romantic getaways and business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Point Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Spruce Point Resort
- Spruce Point Inn Resort And Spa Boothbay Harbor, Maine