“Beautiful location, excellent service”

Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a gorgeous and peaceful spot. The historic inn has a lovely historic ambience. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. .We had a fantastic dinner last night. Anya, the server, and her assistant waiter, were fantastic. At the spa today we had am excellent massage, facial, and pedicure. All the staff have been friendly and helpful. We had a minor problem; the owner responded immediately to our email and fixed the problem on the spot. Highly recommend for a great visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa

Reviewed 9 June 2014

There's nothing like a night at SPI. Every experience is uniquely Maine. Our most recent stay had exceptionally comfortable bedding. I believe this room was a recent update with views of the ocean and warm wonderful oceans sounds. This resort feels like you are experiencing times of the past while enjoying present day amenities. Love love love the SPI!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Spruce Point last weekend and pointed out a problem. It was ultimately resolved to our satisfaction- they really do care about the quality of the customer experience so I would recommend a stay there for anyone at anytime. The grounds are beautiful and there is a very laid back ambiance.

1  Thank Lynne T
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was impressed by Spruce Point's classic resort atmosphere. I love small touches like the pine tree cut-outs on the shutters, the over-sized lawn chess board, and kayaks waiting on the water, that make the resort grounds feel like a friendly and inviting place. My family stayed in one of the resort's lodge rooms. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and we experienced minimal noise from the adjoining and above rooms. The resort's grounds and amenities clearly make it a great place for a family vacation.

The game room offered my 5-year-old daughter and I a decent diversion on a rainy afternoon. Some of the arcade games are slightly dated, and one of the claw machines ate our change (a minor annoyance). I was happy to see toys and games to accommodate a wide age range, from toys suited to young children to air hockey and ping pong for teenagers or adults. Wi-fi is free and can be accessed anywhere on the grounds, but was very slow. The complimentary muffins offered in the foyer in the morning were truly abysmal (we did not eat at either of the resort restaurants).

Overall I was quite pleased with our stay, and we would consider revisiting. Our family lives in coastal Maine and are perhaps not as easily enchanted by stunning bay views and quaint Maine charm, but it's worth noting that there are plenty of both to be found here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AKHBelfast
SPCCapital, Owner at Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you had a very good experience with Spruce Point Inn. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate that very much and hope to see you again soon.

I also discovered "the muffin" last week and removed it from the morning coffee station in the lobby foyer, immediately. That was not a muffin. It was a mini muffin at best!! Please understand that as a seasonal resort, we will occasionally miss some things at first. However, we make quick corrections and listen to our guests closely.

The Pastry Chef arrived today and cards and photos for the morning coffee station are complete and I have sampled the muffins --- very good. On that note, we have also decided to make all the arcade games complimentary. No more change getting lost. I am so sorry that happened and agree with you that while only a little annoying, it is still annoying. We will fix that.

Thank you again. I would love to meet you on your next visit. Please contact me at any time.

Angelo DiGiulian
adigiulian@sprucepointinn.com

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, is located in one of the most beautiful and scenic part of Maine (possibly the country). The amenities are great and extensive. The rooms are taken care of really well, the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. There are also, a wide range of complimentary activities (canoeing, boat rides, biking, etc). The restaurant was great, and food sublime. I would definitely recommend this place, and will be visiting there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Raheel S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived for two nights just as they were opening for the season, and we've rarely been so positive about our lodging. Just an excellent inn, with very large and comfortable rooms, lots of amenities including free kayaking and biking, good food, and a superb oceanfront location. Off-season rates are really good, and our experience was first-rate.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms--some in the inn, many in various buildings with 6-8 rooms, cottages, etc. So be su...
2  Thank DandD95
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I first came to the Inn in 1993 and have come back every summer since, and when time permits, in the the spring and fall as well. It has always been a wonderful experience. Over the years changes have been made, all to the good. Buildings have been replaced with highly improved ones. The food is excellent and even though they no longer offer a meal plan, I still prefer to take all my meals at the Inn. The service is superb, the entire staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and it always so nice to see many of the same faces year after year. In recent years I have needed handicapped facilities and they are the best. The staff are always ready to assist me and I truly appreciate their caring and consideration. I'm getting on in years and plan to keep coming here as long as I can. Recently I read a novel in which the following quotation appeared - I don't know if it was the author's or someone else's. "For some the sea renews the soul. For others it's just salt water". Come to Spruce Point Inn at the entrance to the harbor, where the sea is all around you, and renew your soul.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Southport
Sebasco Harbor Resort
Sebasco Harbor Resort
#1 of 1 in Sebasco Estates

Been to Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!