“Beautiful resort with amazing service!”

Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to the Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa staff for helping to make our daughter's wedding experience breathtakingly spectacular. The premises are gorgeous, the rooms are spacious and a "10" in cleanliness, the service and staff are so kind and helpful, and they make you feel like royalty. The food ...well.... it was beyond our expectations. Congratulations SPI for going up and beyond to make our daughter's dream come true! We will be visiting again in the near future and for the years to come. Highly recommended to all ! P.S. We could not believe the different activities available to all age groups!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Old school charm in a fantastic setting with a fantastic staff. You feel the fldiffefrnce the minute you drive up the private drive. This is no chain experience and that makes it special. Bring a good book and watch the tide roll in.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JudyL15
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was probably best hotel/resort in area. We stayed in Starboard cabin (4 bedrooms--3 bath). It was nice and 'vintage'. Bathroom off MBR was super small, no room to set my toothbrush except top of toilet (yuck). Cabin was quaint--lots of wood and east coast 1970 vintage. Hardly any kitchen stuff. I think mainly plates, forks, knives and pots and pans with a few bowls. No pepper, no sugar, no…..so cooking not encouraged too much. Upstairs floors were creaky creaky….needed a shade on MBR sitting area door. Room heaters were nice. Porches were nice, but could use more seating. This cabin sits right across from bay/pool/dock. Beds were comfy. Upstairs bathroom malfunctioned, but they fixed next day. Extra bathroom off kitchen was greatly appreciated and used. Price was very pricey, but I guess they have just a 4-6 month season. I have paid less for stand alone house rentals that were much larger, but….Resort landscaping was very nice. WIFI was AWEFUL. I envisioned a quiet week getting some work down while husband was in meeting….no internet in some areas of cabin and when on it went off and on. Probably just indicative of rural area.

We reserved the 'sail' boat for a private sail. That cost $300 to have them put up one small sail and motor (via electric motor) the Sarah Mead out into the harbor and back for 1.5 hours. Kind of boring. Was supposed to be a 'sunset' sail, but ended 1.25 hours before sunset. Captain was fun and nice, but this was way too much money for value.

We traveled with my husband on a business trip; lots to do in area. We got stuck in airport and we were a day late arriving; still had to pay for room, but they could have given us some food coupons or something for $800 a night we didn't use.

Breakfast buffet was very bad; go down street to local diner instead. I asked for NO MEAT omelet and got a ham omelet. Bacon was greasy. Store bought muffins, sausage was good. I asked for hot tea and all they had was 'fruity herbal tea'. I asked if they had Earl Grey, they looked, nope they didn't (with attitude). My daughter thought pancakes were bad and wouldn't finish. She's never met a pancake she didn't like. The reason I'm going on and on is cost was $15 a person. Food was sub-par. We tried the 'nice' restaurant one night. Waiter was distracted and hardly came by. He served us doughy dinner roles about 25 minutes after I asked for them and our salad was already done. We didn't order entree as we didn't care for the path that was going down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BMW1200RT
SPCCapital, Owner at Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your week long stay at Spruce Point Inn in the Starboard Cottage.

I think it's only fair to tell folks that you were a party of 2 adults and 2 children in an accommodation that sleeps 7 guests. The Starboard was the private home of the family that owned the Inn from 1957 to 1988. I understand that we may have fallen short for you in some areas and I will certainly meet with management today to discuss your comments....but, with your questioning the value, it is only fair to accurately reflect that this unit is designed for 4 adults and 3 children. It is occupied 95% of the season by many return guests.

Trip Advisor guests may view this unit and it’s bathrooms by visiting www.sprucepointinn.com/cottages.

The rate for a sunset sail aboard Sarah Meade is $50.00 per guest. If you were not treated to the full 2 hour sail, I would be glad to compensate you. I apologize for our misstep.

I would also extend to you the same courtesy with respect to your breakfast. Guests have been very pleased with the resorts dining services, however, I recognize we will make mistakes. I also noticed that the pancakes have been getting “hard” in the chafing pan. Clearly, it is being allowed to run at too high a temperature. This issue was recently corrected.

I am sorry that your visit was just average for you. I do hope that you enjoyed the beautiful mid- coast location of Boothbay Harbor. I would be pleased to recommend another property for you for your next visit, if you prefer.

SPI is not for everyone. And, that is OK.

Angelo DiGiulian
adigiulian@sprucepointinn.com

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I are wandering the coast of Maine and picked this hotel for a 2 night stay. From the moment you enter the property you know you are in a special place. Our room faced the water and the view was spectacular and we had a great porch to enjoy it. The resort has all the "toys" 2 pools, tennis courts, shuffle boards, kayaks, a kids camp, shuttle service to the town and also a launch service (water taxi) to town. We were amazed at the beauty and service at this hotel and will definitely return,

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I traveled down the coast of Maine for a few days, and this was by far the best place we stayed. The unfortunate part is that we didn't get to enjoy even a small portion of what is available. I recommend to everyone - plan to stay for a few days! One night was not enough when there is so much to enjoy. There are bikes or kayaks available to rent, shuffleboard, horseshoes, multiple pools, hot tubs, trails, etc. If we ever make it back to the area we'll be staying here again. **we stayed in June, which I guess is before the busy season. I'd highly recommend this as it was very quiet and relaxing (and cheaper!) Location is a little off the beaten path - but they have shuttles and things to downtown, I believe. OH - Our room had a skylight. So if you are NOT into waking up at 5am to the sun, perhaps ask about this when selecting a room. We were in Bluebird.

Room Tip: Check ahead of time to see if your room has a skylight if you are not into waking up at 5am to the s...
1  Thank imcirc
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second time back to the Spruce Point Inn. Can't wait to go back again! We attended a photography seminar which was outstanding. The rooms, staff, and restaurants were outstanding. The property has so much to do- and the best is the view... water stretching for miles. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Captains Quarters was lovely, Huge room, comfortable living area, and your own private deck overlook...
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Three nights at Spruce Point Inn during a relaxing trip to Maine. The entire staff was a pleasure to work with and went our of their way to help and always wore a smile. Food was excellent and top notch. Grounds were well kept and beautiful. The harbor view was magnificent. Our room exceeded our expectations. Our only complaint (and we had to dig here!) was that the wi-fi barely worked in our room...I guess we shouldn't have been using our technology on a retreat to Maine anyway :)

1  Thank miataguy2014
Fisherman's Wharf Inn
Fisherman's Wharf Inn
#8 of 13 in Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor Oceanside Golf Resort
Boothbay Harbor Oceanside Golf R...
#6 of 13 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!