“like family”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Boston, Massachusetts
“like family”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I am so excited. I just made my reservation for next fall. We've been going to Cap'n Fish's for a few years now. They know who you are when you call and they remember which room you like!
The rooms are always very clean and the staff is very friendly. If you leave the chambermaid a note, she makes sure you have exactly what you want. The rooms are average size and the beds are extremely comfortable. They offer discounts on the Whale Watch and other boat trips. You can also get discount tickets to the Botanical Gardens. Almost everything is within walking distance (except Botanical Gardens and Aquarium). Be sure to ask about scenic drives of the area. Last fall we went to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse. What a treat! The front desk will give you directions and a map.
This is one place that makes you want to come back!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms have best view and include a refrigerator.
2 Thank patricia H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Linden, NJ
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I have always had a wonderful experience at Cap N' Fish. The people that work there and own it are like family and always make sure your stay is the best. The motel has the best view of the water. You can always catch a beautiful sunset from their docks. It's just an all around great place to be, and it's affordable!!

Room Tip: Second Floor water view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Monmouth, Maine
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We Got married August 27th 2011..the weekend of Irene.. My husband and i were planning on going to Jamacia.. Unfortunately we had to wait till Feb 2012.. I have always wanted to go back to boothbay as I had been when I was younger. I called Captain Fish's Motel and they were very accommodating. When we got to the motel the staff was very kind and courteous. We had a wonderful room and the hotel is right on the water. We were walking distance to many wonderful restaurants. The stay was a great way to spend our honeymoon! I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michele0131
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We got off to a bad start here....we arrived early and went in to reception to check if we could leave the car in the carpark while we walked down into the harbor area. The receptionist told us she would check if our room was ready but was interupted by another member of staff..(maybe manager/supervisor..not in uniform but wearing a multi-coloured jacket) who told us the room was not ready...she didn't even ask which room we had been allocated...and that check in was not until 4pm. We had received no details of check in time at the time of booking. The receptionist then said the room may be ready early and to come back 'after lunch'. Multi-colour jacket then interupted again and said 'maybe 2pm, maybe earlier'. So off we went to explore and returned after lunch at 1.30.
Multi-colour jacket was very rude on our return, telling us the room was not ready and she denied saying that it may be ready at 2pm, maybe earlier. She actually shouted at us!! Anyway, when my husband confronted her and told her that she HAD said 2pm or earlier she checked and surprise, surpris the room was ready after all....
I was dissappointed with the room....it was a bit shabby and typical of a well used motel. The title of this accommodation is "Cap'n Fish's Waterfront Inn...but it isn't an INN its a MOTEL. We had a harbour view...side-ways-ish. Next door is a lobster cooking factory which makes for a fishy smell most of the time.
To crown this experience I had a small spider drop on me in the bathroom on the first day but took no notice...it was only on our last day I looked up and saw dozens and dozens of tiny spiders on the ceiling, round the light fittings and in the corners of the room. I can only hope that they were full sized and not the very small babies of a much larger mother. I did report it but they had not been removed by the time we checked out..lets hope they have gone now.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
6 Thank gelkel
capn_fishs_hotel, Manager at Cap'n Fish's Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Thankyou for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor. You are correct, we did get off to a bad start. When you arrived shortly after 11:00 A.M., the clerk that greeted you said that check in was not until 3p.m., but she would check to see if the room was ready. I interjected that none of the rooms were ready yet because we had a full house the prior evening and that guests had until 11:00 to check out. (The only time we have rooms ready before noon is when we have vacancies the prior evening). I then said that the room would probably not be ready until about 2pm. You returned at 1:15 and asked if the room was ready. I checked the board and said that it had not been called in as ready yet. Your husband then exclaimed that you had been waiting two hours to check in and that I promised the room would be ready by 2:00. My reply was "Yes, and it is only 1:15". I apologize for that, I should have found a more professional response. I then went to check the room to see if it was ready. The maid was working in the room and I explained to her that this was your second time to the desk and asked how much longer she would be. She said that she would hurry and would finish in "two minutes." I then returned to the desk and told you the room was ready. We have had many, many compliments on this particular chambermaid. I can only assume that she missed the spider-web because she was hurried. My fault, I should not have rushed her. As far as the web not being taken care of after you reported it, I'm not sure what happened there. When a guest calls the desk to report something, it is recorded on our maintenance log and then either maintenance or housekeeping is sent to correct the problem. I did not see this on the maintenance log, so I aplogize for our oversight. I am sorry that we got off to a bad start. I hope that the rest of your holiday was enjoyable.
boston
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We were recommended by a friend of mine who alway stays here when they come to boothbay, with no reservations we took a chance Ideal location just park ur car and dont come back to use it untill u leave, the rm we had was ok #24 very clean two double beds there was some water stain and some mold on the ceiling and the coffee maker was not working which was not a big deal. they serve a great breakfast only at there restaurant, lg portions with 3 types of home made breads, the staff was very friendly and very helpful,not having seen other rooms I cant compare, for one nite it was fine. we did have a view of the harbor that also overlooked the parking lot still it was very nice

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula O
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Cap's Fish's is an excellent choice for a trip to Boothbay. We had room 45, which is a corner room on 2nd floor that has an excellent view of Boothbay Harbor. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a fridge and table & chairs. Wi-Fi is provided and we had excellent service from our room. We walked to downtown via the walking bridge and then had dinner at The Lobster Dock which is just up the street. The continental breakfast is simple, but sufficient. We would definitely consider staying here again if ever in the area.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DebInTN
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Cap'n Fish's is a very good, convenient location close to the walking bridge to go to downtown Boothbay. It's about a 10 minute walk. The continental breakfast is only coffee, donuts and cereal, but there is a very good restaurant right there next to the hotel.